Thursday, June 09, 2005

Welcome and Greetings!!!

I've finally decided to start my own blog and don't even know where to begin! There was so much I had to say last year, since it was a very heated election year.

Political thought is the primary motivation for me wanting to start my own blog, as I have been very passionate about it in the last year; however, this will not strictly be a pure poliblog. I intend to write my thoughts and feelings about anything that I feel passionate about.

I used to keep a journal for years, writing in it every day since the 8th grade. I stopped around the year 2000 when I went through a crazy, whirlwind break-up with someone I loved. After breaking the journal-writing habit, it was difficult to get back into the groove of things. My hope is that keeping an online blog will make me feel responsible enough to write in it on a regular basis. Especially if I gain any kind of readership following.

Just to let everyone know, I am a Republican...and allied strongly to many conservative thoughts and ideology. That affiliation really crystallized itself after 9/11. Before that, I'd say I was pretty a-political; perhaps even a bit liberal from years of exposure to liberalism at UCLA. 9/11 woke me up and I began examining the political world and came to the realization that the Democrats just have it wrong, on so many issues. They mean well, but their solutions to helping the poor, the disenfranchised, foreign policy, environment (with some exceptions), and so on...obtain the opposite rather than the desired effect. A
recent NY Times article
by David Brooks expresses how every social policy pushed by liberals has been tried for the past 50 years in Europe and Canada. The European model has failed. Why would we want to implement failed social and economic practices here, in the U.S.?

Above all else, my alliance to conservativism and the Republican Party, comes from my belief that the War on Terrorism is a very real war, and a very important and necessary war. Many people don't see it as such, because there is no "terrorist country" and no armies threatening our shores. Here at home, it's like business as usual where people can enjoy their Gameboys and sip a vanilla latte, carefree of worries; meanwhile, half a world away, brave men and women are fighting on our behalf, taking the war to the terrorists and risking their lives so that the rest of us don't have to.

I believe that if George W. Bush did not wage this intolerance for militant Islamic terrorism as aggressively as he has, in the longterm, like a cancer that metasticizes, we would have many, many more 9/11's on our shores. Then all the whining about money for schools, gay marriage, abortion, the economy, will mean squat if our civilization as we know it is destroyed.

Over 1700 U.S. soldiers have lost their lives, as well as Coalition soldiers and thousands of Iraqis. It's a high cost to pay. But I firmly believe if we did not go into Iraq to remove Saddam, hundreds of thousands if not millions would eventually have perished on both sides. Saddam's regime was like a cancer on the world and cancer is best treated before the threat becomes imminent.

I see President Bush as the right man, in the right place, at the right time in history. And the more he is hated by the Left, the more I feel he must be doing something right. As Jean Francois Revel puts it, the rest of the world has it wrong, in regards to American foreign policy. If the United States appears to act unilaterally, it's because the rest of the world (if you consider France and Germany to be the rest of the world) has failed in our collective global security. The United Nations is an absolute corrupt organization that lacked the moral courage and compass to enforce its own UN Resolutions, to make them mean anything. And given the Food for Oil Scandal, it's no wonder France and Germany were so much against removing Saddam Hussein. They never would have given us a "permission slip" for war, under any circumstance, so long as they were profiting from his "containment".

I see Bush and Blair as today's Roosevelt and Churchill. Both generations of world leaders were making extremely unpopular decisions in their day. But rather than hand-wringing and worrying about the latest gallup polls, these men had the courage to lead; to do the right thing, even if it wasn't the popular thing.

In 50 years, I believe, history books will remember President Bush fondly as one of the best presidents this country has ever seen. Plain-spoken, he says what he means, and means what he says. I love how the popular media has caricaturized him as a buffoon, a puppet, a moron, and an anti-Christ. It only makes them look foolish; and so long as they believe in the caricature and not the actual man, they will continue to misunderestimate this President and they will continue to lose elections. President Bush thinks big, and confronts the big issues, the fruits of which will more than likely ripen only years after he has left office. God bless George W. Bush.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

welcome to the world of blogging. feel free to visit my blog as well. we conservatives need to stick together. my last post concerned the treasonous remarks by that DICK Durbin. you can visit my blog by clicking on my name and then clicking on the name of my blog. when you get there, feel free to make a comment on any of my posts and don't forget to visit the blog sites that i have links to.

Friday, June 17, 2005 11:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

© Copyright, Sparks from the Anvil, All Rights Reserved