Thursday, September 11, 2008

Today is 7 Years Ago....




Probably the most meaningful post I've done. If you don't know who David Gamboa-Brandhorst is, he was a passenger aboard United Flight 175. And he was 3 years old.

I knew his father, who was my manager in 2001. That is, up until 9:03am on September 11, 2001. That's because 6 seconds earlier, the 2nd plane slammed into the South Tower of the WTC, killing Ron Gamboa. David's other father, Daniel Brandhorst, also perished with David and Ron; murdered in a senseless act of war and terrorism that some excuse as "blowback". Uh-uh. "Blowback" is what al-Qaeda and Islamic radicals have been experiencing in the post-9/11 era.

Every time I see this image....



....and this...




....And others like it from countless angles, I am seeing the moment of death of someone I knew. And it makes me smoulder with rage and my heart tear up into my eyes as I can't help but ponder what their final moments must have been like.

9/11 was a wake up call. President Bush was there to answer it, and has successfully protected America from another 9/11-style terror attack since that terrible day.


The following video (made by yours truly all the way to 3am this morning!) extends well beyond the events of 9/11 and includes the aftermath response of our efforts in Iraq.



Yeah, yeah, yeah...it's Bruce Springsteen. What can I say? Liberals make great music.

Labels: , , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger airforcewife said...

I just happened to be watching the part of the ceremony when they mentioned David's name, not two minutes after I read your post.

I remember.

Thursday, September 11, 2008 6:03:00 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

Wordsmith, we are all heartbroken today and we do remember. I know how I feel and I did not know anyone personally who perished.

Finally, I can't help but think that this is a picture of any of our children.

My only hope is that the bastards that did this have a good long time in Hell.

Thursday, September 11, 2008 7:31:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post Word.
Thanks for it.
Let us NEVER forget those pictures.

Thursday, September 11, 2008 8:16:00 AM  
Blogger Marie's Two Cents said...

I will NEVER Forget.

God Bless America!

Thursday, September 11, 2008 2:12:00 PM  
Blogger shoprat said...

I didn't personally know anybody who died, but I have friends in the vicinity and did some quick checking on people.

Thursday, September 11, 2008 6:02:00 PM  
Blogger Karen Townsend said...

I am so sorry about your friends and that precious little boy. Lovely post, Word.

I'll never forget. It changed my life.

Thursday, September 11, 2008 6:49:00 PM  
Blogger Z said...

what a lovely life little David would have had......thank you for honoring him this way. He deserved better; the anger at what happened to him feels ferocious, doesn't it? what happened to David and all the others is so much past 'just' anger........

And thank you for the fantastic video.......more people should see it, Bruce Springsteen or not! (LOL)

Friday, September 12, 2008 5:56:00 AM  
Blogger Tsofah said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friends.

This is a great video.

Friday, September 12, 2008 7:46:00 AM  
Blogger Rivka said...

This is the best post I have seen on 9/11 yet. Sorry I missed it on that day.

You are right, the libs do make great music and great coffee and specialty sandwiches!

Saturday, September 13, 2008 6:55:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's never forget the identity of the enemy that caused 9/11, namely Islam. And should another 9/11-style attack happen on American soil, let's never forget that those who since 9/11 have claimed that the enemy is something other than Islam itself have been actively concealing the identity of the enemy, and are thus guilty of laying the foundation for the attack to happen, which makes them complicit in the attack itself, an inexcusable betrayal for which they should be held responsible.

Saturday, September 13, 2008 10:54:00 AM  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

anon, you're off-base as usual.

Islam didn't attack us on 9/11.

rivka and all, thanks for the comments.

Saturday, September 13, 2008 10:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's too bad that our governing elites killed all those innocent people as an innocent blood sacrifice for their traditional tribute day of 9/11. No human deserves to be murdered or even slandered for that matter. Leave it to the Satanists of our times to blame their ceremonies on the very people who condemn such rituals!

Earl!

Wednesday, March 11, 2009 5:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

© Copyright, Sparks from the Anvil, All Rights Reserved