Friday, December 16, 2005

Quote of the Week


I found two that I really enjoyed:

"Every purple finger is a bullet in the chest of terrorism."-Mohammed Al-Rehaief (video at The Political Teen).

"Anybody who doesn't appreciate what America has done, and President Bush, let them go to hell!" -Betty Dawisha, Iraqi ex-patriot in Dearborn, Michigan as she cast her ballot (You can find the video and a great post up at Mike's America).

"This year Santa Claus is wearing desert camouflage, and he's bringing freedom to Iraq."-Sgt Hauser, stationed in Iraq, on the Laura Ingraham Show (not this week, but last week...still wanted to share it, though).


Contrast that
to the typical negativity coming from the left. The pro-defeat Democrats and liberal independants seem at their happiest when there is tragedy news that makes the Bush Administration look bad. How horrible this week must have been for them.

According to Grouchy Old Cripple, this is a photo he took of an actual billboard sign:


I do believe he lives in Atlanta. Why can't we get billboards like that in Los Angeles?

Well, at least I see my favorite talk radio station advertised on billboards out here:

This one is on Venice Blvd heading east, right at Sepulveda.

I also see one on Pico Blvd heading east every morning, also before crossing Sepulveda.

Amidst all the Kerry/Edwards bumper stickers still floating around out there in traffic, these signs are a welcomed relief.

God bless Laura Ingraham, Dennis Prager, Michael Medved, and Hugh Hewitt for keeping me entertained and informed from point A to point B in Los Angeles.

I may have to add Just a Woman to that list of favorites, soon.


7 Comments:

Blogger Toad734 said...

I and the families of the dead are offended that you would use pictures of 9/11 to remind us of the failures of the Bush administration.

Friday, December 16, 2005 2:58:00 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

Oh man, I LOVE that Billboard!!!! THAT ROCKS!!! AWESOME!!! I hope it is here in ATL, LOL... we are a patriotic, troop-supporting bunch down here! :-)

Friday, December 16, 2005 5:00:00 PM  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

toad, you can only speak for yourself. I knew someone personally that was murdered on 9/11 along with his partner and their 3 year old adopted son.

If this is all you see in that avatar....if this is how you interpret its significance....you're a sad, sad little patriot.

yankeemom...being in the same blue state as you, I feel your pain.

kat, if you go to Grouchy Old Cripple's post, he tells you what road he sees that billboard on.

Friday, December 16, 2005 7:14:00 PM  
Blogger Mike's America said...

Toadbat: I and the families of the living are offended by you and the brain dead fools like you.

Here's a great LA billboard:

http://mikesamerica.blogspot.com/2005/01/billboard-put-up-outside-kodak-theater.html

Friday, December 16, 2005 8:22:00 PM  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

Thanks for posting that Mike! I wish I had been driving through that side of town to see it.

Friday, December 16, 2005 8:32:00 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Great billboards! I was born in CA so I feel your pain! I'm glad I escaped the left coast!

Friday, December 16, 2005 8:42:00 PM  
Blogger devildog6771 said...

Your site just gets better and better. Keep up the great work.

Saturday, December 17, 2005 7:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

© Copyright, Sparks from the Anvil, All Rights Reserved