Monday, February 18, 2008

Caption This

Former President Bill Clinton campaigns for his wife at The Temple of Praise Church in Southeast Washington, D.C. on Feb. 10. Clinton addresses the church service, as Rev. Jonathan L. Weaver watches and Terance Hare doses off.
Richard A. Lipski - The Washington Post




Last week's photo caption winner:

Gayle of Dragon Lady's Den
!!! Congratulations (sorry, Mike):

"I YAM WHAT I YAM!"

It's perfect for McCain who is who he is, and can't help being anything but. Others made the Popeye comparison as well for the former Navy pilot who has a reputation of sticking his finger in the eye of conservatives....."Stickeye the Sailor Man"?

Thanks to Curt for the swell photoshop.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wholeheartedly agree on that! I chuckled when I fisrt saw it.

Sunday, February 17, 2008 11:03:00 PM  
Blogger Mike's America said...

I have a really, REALLY good caption for this one... but I am going to keep it to myself.

After all, I don't want to incur the wrath of "The Rigger:"

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j191/mikesamerica/AAAelian_gonzalez.jpg

Monday, February 18, 2008 7:25:00 PM  
Blogger Gayle said...

Thank you very much, Wordsmith! LOL! Curt did a great job photoshopping that. :)

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 7:55:00 AM  
Blogger Gayle said...

I'm going to sit this one out. After all, I think we ought to give Mike a chance. ;)

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 7:58:00 AM  
Blogger The Liberal Lie The Conservative Truth said...

"Now watch this kid jumb when I turn around and smack the living daylights out of him! "


"....and this is your brain on Hillary....any questions ?"

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 8:18:00 AM  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

I'm going to sit this one out. After all, I think we ought to give Mike a chance. ;)

gayle,

No need; mike's won before since I'm a compassionate conservative and started feeling sorry for him. He just likes to complain a lot.

So have at it!

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 10:03:00 AM  
Blogger Marie's Two Cents said...

Ok I never win this stuff but I'll try again.

Guy in back of Clinton/Child asleep in chair:

Jesus how long is this going to go on he already put my son to sleep!

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 4:09:00 PM  
Blogger Gayle said...

This one's tough, Wordsmith. So far I can't come up with anything.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 6:29:00 PM  
Blogger SkyePuppy said...

"Look. I took the kid out, and if you don't shut up, I'll take you out too."

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 6:44:00 PM  
Blogger Fishgutts said...

"Must go to sleep to save all my brain cells............ZZZZZ!"

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 8:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

© Copyright, Sparks from the Anvil, All Rights Reserved