Friday, March 27, 2009

Possible New Vacation Spot?

Neurotic Iraqi wife is a blog by an ex-pat who I believe is living in Andorra. No admirer of the Bush Administration, she's of the "more books not bombs" mind. Still, she sometimes has some interesting stuff to read. Case in point:

As for Iraqi news, I stopped watching it and reading about it. Ever since I saw the result of the elections which were so predictable, I gave up. I dislike the govt, and will never change my mind. But a new phenomena is taking place due to the improved security.

Many Iraqis from all over the world, who havent been to Iraq yet, have started this strange exodus back. I don’t mean moving back there, but just going and visiting. A few relatives of mine have gone back and thought Baghdad was just amazing. They loved every minute of their 2 week stay. A woman who lived in California for almost all her life visited Najaf and called it the Paris of the Middle east. Umm, not sure how can Najaf one of the holiest cities in the world be compared to Paris, but those were her own words. How can women in abbayas be compared to women in mini joup? Maybe too much excitement just disillusioned her.

~~~

On a final note, do you guys remember the “vibrator” girl I once wrote about? (Sorry have to find the link of that post) Well, she has been in the States for over a year now after getting her special immigration visa. I got an email from a frined of mine that said : Hey guys...remember L??? She has joined the Army and will be going back to Iraq as an interpreter. I heard she graduated from Advanced Individual Training at Ft. Jackson, SC and was awarded as "The Best All Around Soldier."

Wow, isn’t that great news? She used to be one of those lost souls who just couldn’t feel free in her own country. Was harassed by her countrymen and threatened by the militia. Her family boycotted her because she was working in the GZ, yet harassed her with phonecalls to pay them money. Ughhh. Im so happy for her. Here’s to L, L, The Best All Around Soldier!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Tom said...

I don't think I'll be visiting the Middle East anytime soon...and it wouldn't be for a vacation either.

Saturday, March 28, 2009 12:46:00 PM  
Blogger Bloviating Zeppelin said...

Thank you, I think I'll just stay in my Sierra Nevada mountain aerie and read my newest issue of "Guns And Ammo" and hock some chaw onto the cat.

BZ

Sunday, March 29, 2009 9:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

© Copyright, Sparks from the Anvil, All Rights Reserved