Monday, September 07, 2009

Why Do Politicians Fear Exposure on YouTube?

I mean, this sort of transparency can be good, no? It's only damaging if you say something stupid...or behave like an arrogant jackass:





Jim Geraghty:


Rep. Baron Hill (D., Ind.) cannot possibly be this big a jerk all the time. At a recent town hall, a young woman raised her hand and identified herself as a journalism student working on a school project who was told she could not videotape the event.



Student: Why can't I film this, isn't this my right?

Baron Hill: This is my town hall meeting, and I set the rules, and I've had these rules . . . (jeering) Let me repeat that one more time. This is my town hall meeting for you. And you're not going to tell me how to run my Congressional office. Now, the reason why I don't allow filming is that usually the films that are done end up on YouTube in a compromising position.




Here's a clue: You're in public office. By that very nature, you're constantly held to scrutiny. How about not saying or doing anything that embarrasses you? Don't put yourself in "compromising positions" and then blame others for exposing your behavior to a wider audience.

Cross-posted at Flopping Aces

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger The Vegas Art Guy said...

Funny thing about being in power, people start to pay attention to the things you say and do.

Monday, September 07, 2009 12:47:00 PM  
Blogger shoprat said...

A tape recorder is almost as good.

Monday, September 07, 2009 3:55:00 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

But a video of a politician making a jack**s of himself is priceless - he can't refute the evidence.

Monday, September 07, 2009 4:36:00 PM  
Blogger Average American said...

She missed her opportunity to say "YOU work for US, congressman, NOT the other way around! This is OUR meeting!"

Monday, September 07, 2009 9:23:00 PM  
Blogger christian soldier said...

PRICELESS!!
Hill-"...not going to LET you tell me how to run my congressional office!"...

to all in office-WE WILL TELL you --it's your job to listen...we pay you...you are OUR servants!!!!!

Hill it is time for you and those who think as you do - to go...away....
C-CS

Tuesday, September 08, 2009 1:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

© Copyright, Sparks from the Anvil, All Rights Reserved