Saturday, August 27, 2005

More Military related links and blog burnout

Another amazing account by Michael Yon in Mosul. It really deserves being read in its entirety. He got interviewed by Hugh Hewitt this past Friday, the transcript of which can be found at Radio Blogger. Hat tip to BlackFive.

Very cool tribute to our military heroes and their families.....(thanks to Ex-Donkey for the tip off). The photographs are excellent. The one of the little girl holding up a hero's welcome for her Dad brought tears to my eyes.

Apologies to my viewership of four, for my not blogging much in the past week. Life doesn't slow down, and a mound of reading material clutters my comp. Ah well....at least tonight I was able to link you to a few stories that have caught my interest tonight.

Most of the mainstream news, I have no real interest in commenting on at this time, such as Cindy Sheehan and John Roberts, when so many others have been doing it so much better, and covering them more thoroughly. I will try to link to stories more often, and other people's thoughts, when I don't comment myself on them. Go check out Mark's or Mary's blogs, which in turn will lead you to more links and more blogs. I don't know if you other bloggers feel this way, but I am absolutely exhausted with trying to keep up with everything from mainstream news, to favorite blogs, to reading from those I disagree with......Cindy Sheehan opens her mouth, and I can read about 100 different opinions on it, if I so desired. Is there such a thing as too much information and opinionating? Welcome to the blogosphere, I suppose....

I'm still green, and learning how to balance and juggle here.

Blogging will be difficult to squeeze in until after Labor Day Weekend, as I will be...um.....laboring through next Monday.


Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Very cool tribute to our military heroes and their families.....(thanks to Ex-Donkey for the tip off). The photographs are excellent. The one of the little girl holding up a hero's welcome for her Dad brought tears to my eyes.


Tear are streaming down my face. What a fantastic tribute!

Every American, make that every person in the world who has ever benefited from the sacrifices made by the U.S. military, should watch that.

Those spewing the "Hate America" rhetoric need to see it and think about it.

As far as being exhausted goes, I'm with you. :)

Tuesday, August 30, 2005 7:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

© Copyright, Sparks from the Anvil, All Rights Reserved