Sunday, December 18, 2005

And the Moral of the Story is....?

"Thou shalt not murder."-6th Commandment

With so many more important things to talk about, thought I'd post yesterday's news, because it's a quickie (plus it has freakin' Johnny Cash!):





I found this video on YouTube.com, without searching for it. The creator of the video wrote the following:

I was at San Quentin for the protest of Stanley "Tookie" Williams' execution. This is a rough cut with horrible audio but I wanted to get something up quickly.


Mike Farrell's statement is outrageous! I'm sorry, but his statement aimed at Governor Schwarzenegger makes him a moral idiot.

One thing that Michael Medved pointed out on his program, was that the dedication in his 1998 book, Life in Prison, (this is after he supposedly reformed himself) was a further sign that Tookie is unrepentant and unremorseful of the murders; and there is not one shred of doubt as to his guilt in the 4 murders (other than wishful thinking); his inability to accept responsibility for his crimes against our society shows us that he is still a killer at heart.

The fact that he wrote anti-gang books? So what? He's still lionized by the Crips. Besides, he didn't really author them, in the sense that someone else did the actual writing, from what I understand. The fact that he was nominated for a nobel peace prize? Again, so what? Does that award still have any credibility amongst anyone, whatsoever? (Remember, people like Kofi Annan and Yasser Arafat have won it, as well as President Bush and Prime Minister Blair being nominated for it in 2002)

If Tookie did any good in the world while still living, I think his death has also been a positive for society: The surviving family members of his victims will now achieve closure and peace; and the ones who wish to remember him as a man who has influenced children with anti-gang messages will have their martyr (and those children will also see, by example in his execution, that yes, indeed...crime doesn't pay- Tookie ultimately did give his life to become the embodiment of that message, now, didn't he?).



"I went to see the preacher to teach me how to pray
He looked at me and smiled
Then that preacher turned away
He said if you want to tell him something
You ain't gotta fold your hands
Say it with your heart, your soul and believe it
And I'd say amen"
-Bon Jovi, Bang a Drum


"So I save a prayer when I need it most
To the Father, Son and the Holy Ghost
And sign it from a sinner with no name
When I meet my Maker
Will he close the book on the hearts I broke and the lives I took ?
Will he walk away 'cause my soul's too late to save ?"
-Bon Jovi, Santa Fe

"Blood money
That's what I call it
'Cause money for blood ain't no fair exchange
Blood money
Bought and then sold you
But your conscience is all you can take to your grave"
-Bon Jovi, Blood Money

5 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

I find it kind of amusing that two of the M*A*S*H stars are on opposite ends of the spectrum. Mike Farrell is a lunatic lefty with no idea of morality and Wayne Rogers is a well-thought of financial leader who appears with Neil Cavuto on Fox and is so much a capitalist, he's got to be a conservative (though I haven't been able to find out for sure!)

Sunday, December 18, 2005 10:15:00 PM  
Blogger Mike's America said...

Farrell is just a useful idiot apologist for every form of evil in the world. What a clown.

Love the Johnny Cash.

Monday, December 19, 2005 9:24:00 AM  
Blogger Jason said...

Thanks for linking my video. I'm glad you enjoyed the Johnny Cash. I couldn't do a video from San Quentin without it.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005 11:43:00 AM  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

Hey Jason! Thanks for making the video accessible to the public!

Sunday, December 25, 2005 8:21:00 AM  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

And then of course Mike Farrell makes a stupid comment, wanting the gubernator to stay an order of execution because now this death row inmate is too old and frail?

Thursday, January 12, 2006 9:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

© Copyright, Sparks from the Anvil, All Rights Reserved