Friday, June 09, 2006

A Significant Win and Zarqawi's Last Words

Ok, I know I'm posting late on this [Mike, you fracker! (Scroll down to the bottom of his post- but don't forget to read the whole thing.)]

Earlier today, it was reported that Zarqawi mumbled something just before he coughed up the ghost. The NY Post has the translation...





What I find bizarre, is the way so much of the media is downplaying the significance of this victory. President Bush did the same, but I find it understandable, coming from him. I, myself, agree with him and the media in stating "Zarqawi is just one individual" and "He will just be replaced by another" and "the violence will still continue".....BUT!!!!!.... it is stating the obvious! It's a "Duh" moment. But it is a victory, nonetheless. For the last couple of years, the media has badgered this Administration's competence in not being able to kill or capture a thug like Zarqawi; and when Zarqawi is finally given his one-way ticket to hell, now it's, "Oh, this is no big deal....Zarqawi was hyped up by the Administration....they timed it for political traction...this will just inflame the terrorists to carry out revenge killings...." Amazing that this Jihad-scum personally sawed off Nick Berg's head, is responsible for the deaths of thousands of innocent Iraqis, has sewn sectarian strife and slowed down the democratization process in Iraq, and what does one reporter ask during a press conference? "Who were the other victims?"

It's laughable and sickening all at the same time. And let's not ignore the fact that this has led to dozens more airstrikes, kills, and captures.

Iraqis celebrate at Gateway Pundit

Also, some great links, from Gateway Pundit

Radioblogger has transcripts and audio of "the very best in political talk".

Labels: , ,

23 Comments:

Blogger Mike's America said...

Zarkies last words: "Congressman Murtha, you let me down."

I was starting to worry about you and the Wahhabis again Wordsmith.

Friday, June 09, 2006 11:11:00 PM  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

hehe....what would I be without you?

anyone else want to "caption this", and suggest what ZarCOWie's last words were?

Friday, June 09, 2006 11:27:00 PM  
Blogger Mike's America said...

I've shamelessly ripped off the idea for a contest on his last words.. and your graphic.

I knew I could count on you for some humorous inspiration.

And I promise not to pick on you for at least 48 hours!

Saturday, June 10, 2006 12:54:00 PM  
Blogger Pamela Reece said...

Sparky, you stop by my website and watch and listen to a short bit about Zarkie (as Mike called him). Turn on your speakers but make sure there are no young children in the room. It rocks!

Saturday, June 10, 2006 3:06:00 PM  
Blogger Pamela Reece said...

Too funny...I just hit Mike's blog and saw he has the same video on his blog!! Guess it is making it's rounds through the blogosphere! It sure is good and the long version is even funnier!

Saturday, June 10, 2006 3:23:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the media, really I do!

They truly find ghoulish pleasure in building up an individual then painstakingly tearing them down.

Poor dead Zarkie...Once he was touted in the MSN as "The Prince of al-queda" and now this same media downplays his very existance...

Saturday, June 10, 2006 5:13:00 PM  
Blogger Mike's America said...

Wordsmith: MD Conservative did a great post on the Italian Embassy feeding our injured soldiers after the Hilton shut down Fran O'Briens restaurant:

http://ci-report.blogspot.com/2006/06/cir-calls-for-action.html

And of course some slime bucket lefty loser just had to go and piss all over his comments.... Weigh in if the Wahhabbis haven't got their hooks in you again.

Saturday, June 10, 2006 7:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anther idiotic comment..."Did they do anything to save his life?"

"What about the women reported to have been in the house?" Well, DUH! Just because there women doesn't mean they are any less of a terrorist.

Saturday, June 10, 2006 10:35:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

HAHAHAHAHA

I was off in remote dial-up territory last week so I missed a lot of this stuff.

Really funny!

Sunday, June 11, 2006 11:11:00 AM  
Blogger Mike's America said...

Regarding "overnight at the gymnastics club."

It might have been better to leave your whereabouts unknown.

OK... I promised, I won't pick on you for another 48 hours...

Sunday, June 11, 2006 12:24:00 PM  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

You and your pie-crust promises, Mike...easily made, easily broken.

Sunday, June 11, 2006 12:38:00 PM  
Blogger Mike's America said...

Pie crusts are harder to make than you might imagine. The few times I tried, they tasted like cement.

Anyway, I'm back from the beach, and off to the garden, so you're reprieve will last a while in any case.

As for the suggestion of funeral music for Zarkie, someone at Iraq the Model left this link:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/flash/numanuma.html

Not sure why. I like the "America F#@k YEAH" much better.

Sunday, June 11, 2006 1:07:00 PM  
Blogger Dionne said...

I love the Post pic saying "Gotcha!" Awesome!!!

Sunday, June 11, 2006 9:41:00 PM  
Blogger Gayle said...

Great post, Wordsmith! Course I can't watch the video, but it's still a great post.

Zarqawi's last words: "Long Live America's MSM! Sh*t! My head hurts."

Monday, June 12, 2006 11:55:00 AM  
Blogger Nightcrawler said...

That was great, especially the Helen Thomas pics... I posted some videos you oughta check out.

Monday, June 12, 2006 8:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like President Bush had a surprise meeting with the Iraq PM...in Iraq!

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 8:40:00 AM  
Blogger Mike's America said...

Ahem! Times up!

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 8:02:00 PM  
Blogger Marie's Two Cents said...

I like that!
Helen Thomas hahaha..
I know what his last word's were:
I'm F*****

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 9:40:00 PM  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

Mike? Godammit...


This is like indentured blogitude.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 9:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"would it were day"

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 4:51:00 AM  
Blogger Mike's America said...

Now, now... it's just that if I bother to come to someones house expecting a meal and they serve me leftovers, I get bitchy!

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 9:32:00 AM  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

Hey, I'm in the kitchen, even as you bitch. Sorry, no appetizer, but jumping straight to a main course. And I'm sure you don't want it half-baked.

It started out as an appetizer, though...

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 9:37:00 AM  
Blogger Gayle said...

I absolutely love that Helen Thomas picture. Well "love" may be a bit strong, because she really has a "face" doesn't she? I'm being kind.

I'm going to steal it! :)

Thursday, June 15, 2006 11:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

© Copyright, Sparks from the Anvil, All Rights Reserved