Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter!


I never really take the time to randomly look at videos on YouTube; until today, when this one caught my eye. I know nothing about "HappySlip", other than that she appears to be some sort of YouTube celebrity.

Since I don't have an Easter post....well, now I do. Enjoy! And Happy Easter to all my Christian and non-Christian visitors, liberal and conservative, alike!




From HappySlip:

Even though I am no expert in singing or playing guitar, I wanted to share my heart. This is dedicated to the One whose very nature is LOVE.

After reading these verses again and again, it inspired me to write the song.

Ephesians 3:17-19
And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

Lyrics:
When I try to look elsewhere or in others
I lose myself
For my life is nothing without you
My Creator

You give me meaning
You give me purpose
I find my destiny in you oh God

How wide
How long
How high and how deep
Is your love oh Lord

Unless the Lord builds this house
I will build in vain
I will sink in the sand
But I choose to stand on you
The Rock of my Salvation

You give me meaning
You give me purpose
I find my destiny in you oh God

How wide
How long
Is your love oh Lord
For when I fall
When I fail
You pick me up
And hold me in your arms

Oh Lord my God
Redeemer and my Friend
You’re the Alpha, Omega
The Great I am
And I give my all to you

How wide
How long
How high and how deep
Is your love oh Lord

I die to myself
So that you might live in me oh Lord
All the days of my life
Shine through me
Oh God of who I am
Oh God of who I am


Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger dcat said...

Happy Easter wordsmith! :)

Saturday, April 07, 2007 7:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Easter! Enjoy the Cadbury's :)

Saturday, April 07, 2007 7:58:00 PM  
Blogger WomanHonorThyself said...

hey Word!..missed yer comments at my site as of late...the last one was supreme!..heh
Happy Holidays my friend!

Saturday, April 07, 2007 8:26:00 PM  
Blogger Bloviating Zeppelin said...

Croesus: "In peace the sons bury their fathers, but in war the fathers bury their sons."

BZ

Saturday, April 07, 2007 8:34:00 PM  
Blogger Dionne said...

Those verses are among my very favorites. Beautiful song, thanks for sharing. Happy Easter Wordsmith!!!

Saturday, April 07, 2007 11:04:00 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

You are the most Christian athiest I know. And I mean that in the most Christian sort of way.

Have a blessed Easter.

Sunday, April 08, 2007 2:20:00 AM  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Thank you Wordsmith - and a happy Easter to you, too.

Sunday, April 08, 2007 6:31:00 AM  
Blogger Gayle said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Sunday, April 08, 2007 10:59:00 AM  
Blogger Gayle said...

Mark says you are an Atheist; I thought you were an Agnostic. Whichever, I agree with Mark!

That's a beautiful song, Wordsmith. Thanks. :)

Sunday, April 08, 2007 11:01:00 AM  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

Thanks, all.

Gayle,

I don't think I'm an atheist. Maybe an agnostic. Just keeping an open mind and open heart....

Sunday, April 08, 2007 9:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

© Copyright, Sparks from the Anvil, All Rights Reserved