Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas, Darling

This song laced with Karen Carpenter's vocals has always sent me sighing into a romantic orbit.

I can just picture cozying up in a warm sweater with a mug of hot cocoa in a log cabin with the fireplace crackling and writing a love letter as thoughts of the one I miss dance in my head.

Reading what I just wrote, all I can say is: I'm so manly and secure in my manliness, I'm going to leave this post up, and not delete it to...um....prove my courageous manly masculinity.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Stew Magoo said...

Oh no Luke. He's gone over to the dark side...

Tuesday, December 25, 2007 5:07:00 AM  
Blogger Always On Watch said...

Here I go showing my age....I remember when that song was first released. I bought the 45 rpm and the sheet music, too.

Tuesday, December 25, 2007 8:16:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paradoxically, while I'm a Yes, ELP and Focus kind of guy, I've always been a major fan of the late, great Karen Carpenter as well.

That is one of the Christmas songs I have in my collection that finds its way into my holiday playlists every year.

Bravo, Wordsmith, and here's wishing you festivity and joy through New Year's and beyond!

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 12:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

© Copyright, Sparks from the Anvil, All Rights Reserved