Friday, December 21, 2007

My Endorsement of CJ for American Hero Award

When I first began blogging, one of the very first milblogs I fell in love with, was One Soldier's Perspective (now, "A Soldier's Perspective"), run by CJ. He has since enlisted other soldiers to blog there.

CJ is a great human being. He is everything you want in an American soldier: patriotic, honorable, caring, devout, intelligent, highly motivated, with a deep love for his fellow soldiers and the U.S. military. When I think of the men and women who serve in our Armed Forces, I don't think of losers and misfits who only want to be put through school and escape from a background of poverty. I think of men and women like CJ, who voluntarily choose to serve in our military out of a desire to serve their country, defend its freedoms, and protect its citizenry.

CJ is a top 10 finalist in the VA Mortgage Center's American Hero Award contest. I encourage all of my readers to go vote for him; and if not for him, then for any of the other fine soldiers who are finalists in the contest.

Apparently, you can make repeat visits, and vote as many times as you can.

One of the things that endeared me to CJ aside from his pro-victory support in Iraq and his support of wounded warriors and fallen heroes, is his humor and glimpses he's shared with readers, into his life as a family man.

Here, he has some fun, at the expense of his children:



I laugh out loud every time I see this.

Hope everyone is enjoying some Christmas fun!

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your support of the American Hero Award!

Friday, December 28, 2007 1:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

© Copyright, Sparks from the Anvil, All Rights Reserved