Thursday, January 03, 2008

Change is on the Way

“We are one people, and our time for change has come.”
- Barack Obama, winning the Democratic Iowa Caucuses

“The one thing that’s clear from this result here tonight is that the status quo lost and change won,”
-John Edwards, finishing 2nd in the Democratic Iowa Caucuses

“Together we have presented the case for change.”
-Hillary Clinton, finishing third in the Democratic Iowa Caucuses

A supporter of presidential candidate Barack Obama runs with a poster prior to the start of the Heartland Presidential Forum in Des Moines, Iowa December 1, 2007.
REUTERS/Carlos Barria



In 2004, wasn't the KerryEdwards slogan, "Hope is on its way"?





There is something exciting about "change". It's the "grass-must-be-greener-on-the-other-side"- notion. But is change really what America wants?

Is change what America needs?



Democratic presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama (D-IL) speaks during a campaign stop in Newton, December 30, 2007.
REUTERS/Keith Bedford



I understand that the nation is "Bush-fatigued". But President Bush is not running for office in 2008. Nor is VP Cheney.

Supporters listen to Democratic presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama (D-IL) speak during a campaign rally in Coralville, Iowa, January 2, 2008.
REUTERS/Jeff Haynes


Psst....btw: Isn't that the American flag on the floor, in the second photo?

Yup.

Change.

That's all this country needs..
.





Supplemental on "change":
Freedom Eden on "Obama and Change"
Michael Medved: "Why no defense of the status quo?"
The New Editor

Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The American Flag on the floor... probably complete with boot prints, it's all so... so Democrat.

It's good to see Hillary come out on (of?) the back end. If she doesn't get the Democrat nomination, a Republican POTUS to follow Bush is a shoo-in.

Friday, January 04, 2008 1:47:00 AM  
Blogger Gayle said...

Change just for it's own sake is not always a good thing, and in the case of Democrats it would be disastrous!

Yep... the American Flag is on the floor! That's so darned typical! We take our flag down every night and it is never allowed to touch the ground. Such patriots these Dems are... not! I hate seeing our flag dissed like that. :(

I'm going to steal that pic and update my Fred Thompson post, Wordsmith. Thanks!

Friday, January 04, 2008 5:47:00 AM  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Oh man - that flag on the floor pic just bothers me to no end. I might have to put that up on my blog - even if I AM hibernating!

Friday, January 04, 2008 8:39:00 AM  
Blogger Karen Townsend said...

Yeah, flag on the floor. Now, if she had Marines in dress uniforms acting as waitstaff passing out snacks, it'd be just like the good old days in the White House.

I truly enjoyed her third place finish, I admit.

If I were a far left liberal, I can see supporting Obama. He's no agent for change in getting both sides to work together, though, as he claims. His record shows the opposite. Now that he's the frontrunner, you can believe Hillary's thugs will have his record all over the MSM.

Huckabee is a flash in the pan. He makes me cringe. I still love Rudy but more and more I find myself realizing he won't make it to the nomination. In that case, McCain's my guy.

Friday, January 04, 2008 11:23:00 AM  
Blogger Marie's Two Cents said...

Time for change alright from burning to Flag to Stomping on it.

Discusting!

Friday, January 04, 2008 3:13:00 PM  
Blogger SkyePuppy said...

No matter WHO gets elected, it's going to be a change.

Reminds me of the former mayor where I live. One year his statement in the voter's pamphlet was all about, "I'm for excellence." Yeah? Who's going to be against it? Sheesh!

These politicians love to say nothing with a lot of words.

Friday, January 04, 2008 4:36:00 PM  
Blogger Mike's America said...

That photo of the guy cleaning up at the Hillary event was great even before I noticed the flag.

Hillary already had a problem with falling flags. You would have thought they would learn.

I bet if it was the United Nations flag there would be tree hugger embracing it gently and carrying it from the room.

Friday, January 04, 2008 8:36:00 PM  
Blogger AmPowerBlog said...

It's not going to be much change, except to shift to hard left policies.

I'm not so thrilled of the notion that Iowa's a taste of things to come. I've been more excited about the GOP side. Sill, H.R.C.'s defeat was spectacular.

American Power

Saturday, January 05, 2008 6:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

© Copyright, Sparks from the Anvil, All Rights Reserved