Friday, April 25, 2008

The End of Wordsmith?!

I've been banned!!!

Repsac3 brings the following to my attention:
Banished Words List for 2008
  1. perfect storm
  2. webinar
  3. waterboarding
  4. organic
  5. wordsmith / wordsmithing
  6. author / authored
  7. post 9/11
  8. surge
  9. give back
  10. 'BLANK' is the new "BLANK' or 'X' is the new 'Y'
  11. Black Friday
  12. back in the day
  13. random
  14. sweet
  15. decimate
  16. emotional
  17. pop ('makes it POP')
  18. It is what it is.
  19. under the bus
So......should I change/update my username? Reveal my "secret" identity?

I've long been a fan of kennings in Icelandic Sagas, and "wordsmith" has long been known to me; it's not my fault that the phrase got popularized and overused by society at large.

By the way....I'm awesome.


And no....I've never been to Nantucket.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Marie's Two Cents said...

LOL Word!

How can they ban you NOOOOOO!!!

I say be defiant keep the Title :-)

Friday, April 25, 2008 10:41:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Repsac3?

Man, that guy's trolling around all over the place.

LOL!!

Ha, but you better get over to Nantucket!!

Friday, April 25, 2008 11:18:00 AM  
Blogger Karen Townsend said...

HA! Say it ain't so!

And,yeah, you ARE awesome!

Friday, April 25, 2008 5:55:00 PM  
Blogger Indigo Red said...

This was like soooo bogus! The Michigan University students who voted out the word 'wordsmith' thought it was a new buzz word.

'Wordsmith' goes back more than a hundred years. Only recently has it got any purchase in the vernacular. A damn fine word, if you ask me.

What we really need are smarter students and teachers. Instead, what we get are dumbsmiths.

Friday, April 25, 2008 7:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why are you ban

Friday, April 25, 2008 9:48:00 PM  
Blogger Dionne said...

LOL :-))

Friday, April 25, 2008 11:29:00 PM  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

Haha..."dumbsmith".

Don't give my enemies any dim ideas...

Saturday, April 26, 2008 12:39:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They banned you without allowing you your right to due process...

I am saddened by this...

Don't let the sun set on Wordsmith - keep the flame alive.

Oh, I concur - you are awesome!

Saturday, April 26, 2008 5:35:00 AM  
Blogger Mike's America said...

You would be awesome if you would join us in the live chats!

Saturday, April 26, 2008 5:34:00 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Keep your monikor. Hoist the Jolly Roger of defiance! Aarrggg!

And decimate got the boot. Why am I not surprised when it has been abused from its real meaning, of punishing Roman Legionnaires by killing ten percent[that deci in there], to meaning 'alomst wiped out.' Why has it been abused? Because those who have overused it were too lazy to actually become the wordsmiths they are supposed to be as journalists.

Monday, April 28, 2008 6:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

© Copyright, Sparks from the Anvil, All Rights Reserved