Friday, October 17, 2008

The Return to Reagan Country


3 days ago, I bumped into Norma at Bob's Market. I hadn't seen her since last March. As soon as I pulled in, and saw her car (I didn't even have to see the Reagan bumpersticker to recognize it) parked in the same spot, I knew I'd see her inside. I grabbed an origami gift from my car, went in, and tracked her down. She said she was just thinking about me, as the origami horse I gave her last time is a constant reminder.

She fears Senator Obama will probably win, but isn't giving up hope. She always looks around her when talking politics, for fear of some obnoxious Obama supporter butting in. Funny, but last weekend, I was there while two young boys were going up behind strangers, would chant "Obama" to see the person's reaction...they had on Obama t-shirts, so I'm not sure if they were pumped up from attending a rally or what.

I told Norma how I've seen a few McCain yard signs go up. She mentioned that there was one that was up last week Tuesday, but then was gone over last weekend. She expressed fear of putting up a McCain bumpersticker on her car, although she rides around with an '84 Reagan bumpersticker.

Anyway, we were happy to see a fellow conservative Republican in blue, blue, Santa Monica.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger airforcewife said...

awww, she's just cute!

Saturday, October 18, 2008 9:54:00 AM  
Blogger AmPowerBlog said...

Great post, Wordsmith!

Saturday, October 18, 2008 10:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

© Copyright, Sparks from the Anvil, All Rights Reserved