Monday, November 24, 2008

Michael Totten Embedding Oncemore in Iraq

Michael Totten arrived in Baghdad last week; stay tuned for his dispatches.

Totten:
I’m told the city will be unrecognizable to me now. I know this is true. It is beyond controversy at this point that the war has wound down. But I still have a slightly difficult time believing it on a gut level. News reports from Iraq have been so few and far between lately that I can’t help but picture the old Baghdad in my mind. My experience hasn’t yet caught up with reality. This trip will remedy that.

Photo by Michael Totten

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Karen Townsend said...

And, Michael Yon has gone to Afghanistan? These guys are unreal. My heroes.

Monday, November 24, 2008 2:43:00 PM  
Blogger Bloviating Zeppelin said...

AQ has tried to stir the pot again with the recent bombings in Baghdad.

BZ

Monday, November 24, 2008 5:21:00 PM  
Blogger SkyePuppy said...

I love that picture! It shows that the lefties who say we've made things worse in Iraq don't know what they're talking about.

Monday, November 24, 2008 6:20:00 PM  
Blogger Tapline said...

They learned fast about politics instead of guns. Perhaps it will stick....stay well....

Monday, November 24, 2008 8:38:00 PM  
Blogger Z said...

BZ's right..I've been thinking the same thing. They watch us like hawks and our media plays right into it.

GREAT picture...look at all those kids HATING AMERICANS!! :-)

Monday, November 24, 2008 8:52:00 PM  
Blogger Marty said...

Area of Operations

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 2:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

© Copyright, Sparks from the Anvil, All Rights Reserved