Friday, December 18, 2009

I have a confession...

...and ask for the forgiveness of my readers.

I thought about whether or not I should come clean with this. After some soul-searching and hand-wringing, I decided that it is best that I clear my conscience. If I didn't, I don't see how I could ever blog here again without feeling shame for keeping a dirty little secret.

In a moment of weakness I slapped down $10 bucks and saw "Avatar".

Forgive me fellow conservatives, for I have sinned.

My impressions of the colossal-budget movie? If you're a tree-hugging Howard-Zinn-raised liberal, you'll love it. If you're a pro-war-on-terror-American-exceptionalism-muscular-foreign-policy-believing conservative, you'll love it and feel dirty for doing so. But hey! All you have to do is just lose yourself in the fantasy that is the liberal worldview.

The movie's impressive in scope and special effects, but the storyline's just cliché-predictable....like watching Dances with Wolves in Space meets every Hollywood anti-(Iraq)war movie in the last 8 years.

Thanks James Cameron, for the overt political messages! [/sarcasm]

Cross-posted at Flopping Aces

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger SkyePuppy said...

Thanks for the warning! I'll bring my hand sanitizer when I go.

Saturday, December 19, 2009 2:02:00 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

It does take a liberal to produce fantasy

Saturday, December 19, 2009 6:10:00 PM  
Blogger AmPowerBlog said...

I try to let the exceptionalism go at the movies. Besides, there's good messages even in the lefty movies.

Thanks for the post, and have a good Christmas!

Saturday, December 19, 2009 9:35:00 PM  
Blogger Bloviating Zeppelin said...

I just watched it today (Sunday).

Incredible, wonderful special effects.

Storyline? Yeah, cliched, predictable. You KNEW where it was going to go.

But still -- ? Talk about an eye-feast. And I watched it in 3D.

BZ

Sunday, December 20, 2009 7:23:00 PM  
Blogger Dionne said...

You really did a good job of sucking us in. I hate it when they ruin a good movie with the wrong message.

Monday, December 21, 2009 11:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

© Copyright, Sparks from the Anvil, All Rights Reserved