Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Get Along Home, Cindy, Cindy.....Get Along Home!

I keep hearing this song lead-in bumper on The Laura Ingraham Show; and now it's stuck in my head.

So I went out and bought this song (along with the entire boxed CD set, effectively making me $80 poorer- but helping the economy, right? Plus, I do love Johnny Cash). I'd add a picture of Cindy Sheehan to go with the lyrics as well, but why torture you further?


this is an audio post - click to play





Cindy (featuring Nick Cave) ------Johnny Cash

I wish I was an apple, a-hangin' on a tree and every time my Cindy passed, she'd take a little bite of me.

Get along, home, Cindy, Cindy, get along home. Get along home, Cindy, Cindy, I'll marry you one day.

Well, Cindy is my honey the sweetest in the south, when we kissed to bees would all swarm around her mouth.

Get along, home, Cindy, Cindy, get along home. Get along home, Cindy, Cindy, I'll marry you one day.

Well, I wish I had a needle and thread, fine as I could sow. I'd sow my Cindy to my side and down the road I'd go.

Get along, home, Cindy, Cindy, get along home. Get along home, Cindy, Cindy, I'll marry you one day.

Well, Cindy got religion. She'd had it once before, she grabbed my ole banjo, man and throw it on the floor.

Get along, home, Cindy, Cindy, get along home. Get along home, Cindy, Cindy, I'll marry you one day.

Well, it's apples in the summer time, peaches in the fall. If I can't have the gal I want I won't have none at all.

Get along, home, Cindy, Cindy, get along home. Get along home, Cindy, Cindy, I'll marry you one day.

Cindy hugged and kissed me, she hung her head and cried, I swore she was the prettiest thing that ever lived or died.

Get along, home, Cindy, Cindy, get along home. Get along home, Cindy, Cindy,
I'll marry you one day
I'll marry you one day


HAHA....someone creative with time on their hands should revamp the lyrics to make it all about Muther Sheehan. Strangely enough, the Unearthed album also features a song called "Casey's Last Ride".

My thanks to Michael and Mark on ideas on how to incorporate audio into my blog. Unfortunately for you and I, I took the easy way out and used audioblogger. Terrible, terrible....as your tortured ears can attest to. This comes from having to load up the audiosound from dialing it in over the phone. Ugh! How primitive.....I played the song on my computer and held my cell phone up to the speaker (no landline- cut the cord 5 years ago).

I do apologize for the sound quality. And for the song that's now riding through your head.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Thanks for the linkage but I don't remember telling you how to audioblog. I still don't know how to do that amy better than you. And I also only have cell phone. I posted an song by audio one day but when I heard it, it was such poor sound quality that I immediately deleted it again. I am still trying to figure out how to put a sound loop in. Mike, over at Mikes America knows how to do it and he told me how but it is Greek to me so I am still lost.

Thursday, September 01, 2005 6:04:00 AM  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

Mark,

That's funny, what you posted, because it's the exact comment you gave me before regarding audioblog. Don't know where you gave me the advice, though. Maybe in one of these comments to one of my posts. Maybe on one of yours.

Thursday, September 01, 2005 7:58:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Wow! What a post!

The "I'll marry you one day" link was priceless!

Thursday, September 01, 2005 11:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

© Copyright, Sparks from the Anvil, All Rights Reserved