Sunday, September 18, 2005

"You pull our troops out now!"

From New Orleans, that is. Yup. "Pull our troops out of occupied New Orleans." Must be a quagmire or something. But I'm not the Moonbat that said it. She is:

"One thing that truly troubled me about my visit to Louisiana was the level of the military presence there. I imagined before that if the military had to be used in a CONUS (Continental US) operations that they would be there to help the citizens: Clothe them, feed them, shelter them, and protect them. But what I saw was a city that is occupied. I saw soldiers walking around in patrols of 7 with their weapons slung on their backs. I wanted to ask one of them what it would take for one of them to shoot me. Sand bags were removed from private property to make machine gun nests."


"I don't care if a human being is black, brown, white, yellow or pink. I don't care if a human being is Christian, Muslim, Jew, Buddhist, or pagan. I don't care what flag a person salutes: if a human being is hungry, then it is up to another human being to feed him/her. George Bush needs to stop talking, admit the mistakes of his all around failed administration, pull our troops out of occupied New Orleans and Iraq, and excuse his self from power. The only way America will become more secure is if we have a new administration that cares about Americans even if they don't fall into the top two percent of the wealthiest."

Also, PebblePie links to GOP Vixen, regarding Cindy Sheehan calling the terrorists in Iraq "Freedom Fighters". Key quote:

" The enemy here did just the most horrible things you can imagine, in one case murdering a child, placing a booby trap within the child's body and waiting for the parent to come recover the body of their child and exploding it to kill the parents."

Freedom Fighters, huh? Um...yeah, right. Around 80% of these insurgents...excuse me TERRORISTS.....are paid, foreign fighters. And the rest are pretty much former Baathists and Saddam loyalists. Most Iraqis seem pretty much fed up with them. They don't offer Iraqis any kind of future, whatsoever. Who are the ones building schools, hospitals, mosques, and trying to make life better for Iraqis? There should be no question which side of the fence we should all be sitting on.

It would seem that Cindy Sheehan is still amongst us, and has not gone home.

Hat tip: Ex-Donkey Blog, Freedom Eden, Sweetness & Light (by way of Patterico's Pontifications). And others blogging on it: nygirl, Stop the ACLU
(follow the link trail).

"Will you give me a foot-rub? And wash my feet while you are at it, please? I'm getting a kick out of sticking my foot in my mouth and getting media attention for it."








Aah....good times.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Awww poor Cindy. She doesn't even realize she is yesterday's news. No one cares anymore. Not even the Libs. She is an embarrassment to them. Look! Do you see any Democrat politicians gathering around her and supporting her?

Even they are too smart for that!

Sunday, September 18, 2005 8:59:00 PM  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

She still has my sympathies, as a Gold Star Mom; and out of respect to her son Casey, who served honorably, I don't want to be unfairly mean. But when she continually puts herself out there....I don't think her Gold Star status should be an aegis against criticism.

Monday, September 19, 2005 11:01:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Sheehan will always have my sympathy for her loss.

I feel somewhat guilty when I come down hard on her, but she's been given enough slack.

Bad things happen. That doesn't give any of us license to be considered unaccountable for our words and actions.

Monday, September 19, 2005 7:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

© Copyright, Sparks from the Anvil, All Rights Reserved