Sunday, February 05, 2006

Boycotting the Boycott


There's hope, yet. Click on the photo for more. Muslims should not allow their feelings to be manipulated into a culture war with the West. The cartoons and the faked cartoons are not a bad reflection of Islam; they are what they are: tasteless jokes on the one hand, and an intentional act to incite a clash of civilizations on the other. What is a bad reflection of Islam is how easily many Muslim people can be manipulated into a desire for a war with the West. Why is the so-called "religion of peace" so ripe and rife with anger management problems?

...the leader of the Islamic militant group Hamas, which recently swept
parliamentary elections there, told Italian daily Il Giornale on Saturday that
the cartoons should be punished by death.
"We should have killed all those
who offend the Prophet and instead here we are, protesting peacefully," said a
top group leader, Mahmoud Zahar.

What say you, Steven Spielberg?

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip — Rage against caricatures of Islam's
revered prophet poured out across the Muslim world Saturday, with aggrieved
believers calling for executions, storming European buildings and setting
European flags afire.
Hundreds of Syrian demonstrators have stormed the
Danish Embassy in Damascus, and they've set fire to the building.
The
building that's been set on fire in the Syrian capital also houses the embassies
of Chile and Sweden.
Protesters have been staging sit-ins outside the embassy
almost daily since the uproar over the drawings broke out last week...
"We will redeem our prophet, Muhammad, with our blood!" they chanted.









All this over cartoons? And I'll be damned if I ever give up my Legos, even if I were submissive to Islam!



I thought this was pretty good:

It's just ink.

Imagine. A man stands before you in a boardroom, holding an inkwell.

"With this little jar of black liquid, I can make images that can get me fired, write words that will get me arrested. I can incite hate, and I can make pictures that would cause me to be executed in some countries. I can create international incidents.

"I can also leave a lasting legacy. I can inspire my children and others to attempt new things and change the world. I can make testimonies and promises to the world I will no doubt leave behind one day.

"With ink like this, Bibles, Torahs, Baghavad Gitas and Korans are printed. Millions file past old parchment in the national archives just to glimpse the ink put down two centuries ago outlining our freedoms.

"Don't let it go to waste. But never let it become more important than another liquid: never let it become more important than blood."

Right now, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Jordan, Egypt, Libya, and other Muslim nations are demanding that the Danish government punish a private newspaper for printing 12 drawings of Mohammed (the prophet of Islam). Furthermore they are demanding Danish laws and UN resolutions that would forbid such "offenses" from occuring again. Ambassadors have been recalled. Flags are being burned. Threats of death are being made. This is an international incident.

It's ink.

It's just ink.


Hat tip: Eye of the Storm for some quotes. (Click on some of the photos for more).

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Nightcrawler said...

You have a great blog, I don't know why it took so long for me to find it! I'm going to link to you, if you don't mind that is.

Sunday, February 05, 2006 11:07:00 PM  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

Of course not! I'll reciprocate!

I could say the same...there are a number of posters I've seen commenting here and there, and will run into at different blogs.

I think the problem is, when you have 100 different blogger friends to check up on, you run into the difficulty of time constraints in reading everything; and then there is over-saturation with everyone pretty much talking about the same stuff.

Sunday, February 05, 2006 11:13:00 PM  
Blogger Mike's America said...

Wordsmith: Thanks for the link to Sorry Norway and Denmark.

I almost missed it on your comment. Those tiny bolded one word links don't show up well. Feel free to just paste the address anytime.

I looked up the site, apparently from some more moderate folks in Palestine, that for obvious reasons have a proxy to hide their identity.

Sadly, it will take moderate Moslems to face their fear and come out publicly to denounce the tactics of fear and violence that will imprison them and force a larger war on the entire world.

Sunday, February 05, 2006 11:51:00 PM  
Blogger Gayle said...

This is a wonderful post, Wordsmith! Not enough people show the good that's happening in Iraq, and the MSM won't touch it with a ten-foot pole! GRRRR!

Monday, February 06, 2006 4:03:00 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

This is one of my favorite blogs. It's great! I linked here for this post.

http://bluestarchronicles.blogspot.com/2006/02/end-of-reason.html

Monday, February 06, 2006 5:32:00 PM  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

You talkin' about me, Beth? If you are, I'm flattered!

Gayle...I think you're running around like a madwoman, from blog to blog. I do believe you meant to post your comment in the one below this post. (^_~)

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 12:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

© Copyright, Sparks from the Anvil, All Rights Reserved