Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Honor a Hero

In an earlier post, I made mention of this. Since then, I had learned that the person putting this together is none other than Kat of Yikes! fame. She is the best friend that our military could possibly have. As of her e-mail from 2 days ago, she mentioned that she had only received 15 e-mails of support to put into the gift scrapbook she is making for the family of the fallen hero. So I implore anyone reading this to take one minute of your time and send over a letter of support to honor_a_hero@yahoo.com. Here, in part, is what she wrote me:

Since you are not local (I'm doing this for a local family, trying to stay anonymous so the family does not find out...this is going to be a gift to them for what would have been his 24th birthday), I would like to share with you this tribute I wrote for this dear fallen Soldier.

Read her post.

God bless you - thank you for helping out. anything you can do to help get the word out about this project would be GREATLY appreciated...so far, i only have 15 emails, and need many more. I'm going to be putting together three scrapbooks...one for mom, one for dad adn one for his very young widow.... so, the more emails I can get, the better......


Don't forget to read the link. Kat is a beautiful soul to care so deeply about those who stand in harm's way to protect the rest of us here at home.

7 Comments:

Blogger Assorted Babble by Suzie said...

I will go and visit her blog. The frustration she feels I know all too well. People do not like it when you ask for a minute of their time i.e. military, children, etc.

She sounds like a very special person....(smiling) as you are to help her. I have been fortunate to have a few to support THE CHILDREN with a bill in Congress that I am asking ones to help on....they linked my post...and I was more than appreciative.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 12:02:00 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

I used the DoD link that links to her Honor a Hero Site. I will pass along the info, though! Thanks, Word!!

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 1:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for mentioning it again. I had seen your earlier post, but skimmed through it and missed the second part. I'll pass on the info too!

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 5:21:00 PM  
Blogger Gayle said...

I also visited her blog and sent a letter. I recieved a "thank you" letter in return, which was nice but not necessary. I think it's the very least we can do. :)

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 8:44:00 PM  
Blogger Nightcrawler said...

I responded!

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 11:27:00 PM  
Blogger Marie's Two Cents said...

She was an absolute joy to read. You can tell she is a hyper person and I have no clue how she finds the time to do everything she is doing. She is truly a beautiful soul. I sent my letter and will repost "Honor a Hero" again on my blog this weekend.

Friday, March 10, 2006 8:35:00 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

aw, shucks, now, y'all are makin' me blush.....

Sunday, March 26, 2006 5:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

© Copyright, Sparks from the Anvil, All Rights Reserved