Friday, March 03, 2006

Seven Songs I've Been Listening to Lately

Gary's responsible for tagging me with this. I know you folks could care less about what I've been listening to, but I respect Gary (damn you!), and so in respect to him, I bring you the following:

Walking Away by the Ben Swift Band. No one has heard of it. You won't find it available in your record store. This is part of the attraction. It's like having something special because no one else has it. However, if you ever watched the tv series "Brimstone", starring Peter Horton, short-lived on FOX TV, like other promising shows axed by the network (Space: Above and Beyond being a favorite), you might have heard this. It figured in, I believe the final filmed episode, at the beginning and playing once again at the end. For 2 years, I searched for the song title and artist name. I finally found it on the sci-fi boards, for the series. I e-mailed the artist, and he was kind enough to send me 2 albums, even though I only purchased the one with the song I wanted. It remains a constant regular favorite. After 3 years I have not yet grown weary of it.

Goodbye to You by Michelle Branch.

Out of the Blue by Lillian Carrico. Lillian is my coworker. She's a great singer who needs to go places with her music. I used the song in a music video I made for one of the kids I work with: Go here. I could definitely see it in a WB tv show, and becoming a hit single for the teen angst crowd.

I Wish I Knew How it Would Feel to be Free by Nina Simone. Heard it recently on a Leftist site that talked about Coretta Scott King's funeral from a black, leftist standpoint. Left behind their opinions, but came away with a fabulous love for this song. (Click the title to listen).

What About Everything by Carbon Leaf.

Ooh La La by the Faces. Ever since hearing it on some car commercial, I've been stuck on this song, with the images from that commercial stuck in my head.

I've got a Loverly Bunch of Coconuts by Danny Kaye. A song that lost its innocence once I saw a Youtube video where the song was associated to images of bosoms.......'nuff said.

I tag Gayle, Anna, Kyle Foley, Cozy Reader, Assorted Babble, Chatterbox, the Mormon Brady Bunch and um....will spare my other blogging buddies. These are just the ones I feel will most likely play along. God only knows what Gary was thinking in tagging me!

5 Comments:

Blogger Gayle said...

Uh, Wordsmith, God only knows what you were thinking in tagging me! lol! I'm so tied up with the Church, gardening, housework and blogging I haven't been listening to anything, I swear. Sorry, I am a bad choice for this one. I barely have time to read!

Friday, March 03, 2006 12:59:00 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

My list will be pretty boring, since they will all be country tunes...but they're good ones!

Friday, March 03, 2006 7:31:00 PM  
Blogger Dionne said...

I'm a sucker for things like these sometimes. I'll get mine posted when I get a chance. I've actually been buying CD's recently of my favorite music from the 80's so it will be fun to do.

Saturday, March 04, 2006 10:08:00 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

Mine's posted over at my place. And it wasn't all country!

Sunday, March 05, 2006 6:59:00 PM  
Blogger Assorted Babble by Suzie said...

So Sorry to just now...finding this...my Technoria Link thingy has been broke...they have it working now I think after 2 letters.

Appreciate you tagging me...however I am guilty lately of not listening to the beautiful sounds of music...unfortunately getting my fixes from being a news junkie. P.S. And TRYING to READ 3 books at one time...in silence. Sorry....Thanks though for thinking of me. (smiling)

Monday, March 06, 2006 9:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

© Copyright, Sparks from the Anvil, All Rights Reserved