Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day!

My one year anniversary as a blogger came and passed, and I hadn't even realized it (darn...it might have warded off Mike from picking on me for 48 more hours, for lack of posting). It was June 9th, where I made my first post.

One day a fourth-grade teacher asked the children
what their fathers did for a living.
All the typical answers came up - fireman, mechanic,
businessman, salesman, doctor, lawyer, and so forth.
However, little Justin was being uncharacteristically quiet.
When the teacher prodded him about his father, he
replied, "My father's an exotic dancer in a gay cabaret
and takes off all his clothes in front of other men,
and they give him money. Sometimes, if the offer is
really good, he will go home with some guy and make
good money.
The teacher, obviously shaken by this statement,
hurriedly set the other children to work on some
exercises and then took little Justin aside. She
asked him, "Is that really true about your father?"
"No," the boy said, "He works for the Democratic
National Committee and is helping to secure the
nomination of Hillary Clinton for President, but I
was too embarrassed to say that in front of the
other kids."


Happy Father's Day, Dad! You will always be my personal hero.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary, Sparky!

Sunday, June 18, 2006 7:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your help with my new troll, Sparky!

Sunday, June 18, 2006 8:22:00 AM  
Blogger City Troll said...

Happy Blogiversary... Keep the sparks flying....

Sunday, June 18, 2006 8:40:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Ditto.

Sunday, June 18, 2006 9:15:00 AM  
Blogger Mike's America said...

Happy blogaversary Wordsmith!

And no, it wouldn't have spared you from the taskmaster's whip!

Sunday, June 18, 2006 5:37:00 PM  
Blogger PoliShifter said...

Yeah, thanks for helping Malking, I mean "Skye" out with her new "troll".

She couldn't have done it without you!

You're my hero!

Monday, June 19, 2006 12:10:00 AM  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

Hey troll (not to be confused with city troll),

Actually, she could have. She didn't invite me over or ask for my help. Unlike yourself, our drivel and political bloviating is actually read by people.

Thanks for the visit. I'm flattered and honored by your presence. I need a new resident troll. Can I keep you?

Monday, June 19, 2006 1:19:00 AM  
Blogger Mike's America said...

Skye reminds me of Buffy the Vampire Slayer... so quick with the knife.

You're right Wordsmith, she needs little help.

Long live Skye, the Moonbat Slayer!

Monday, June 19, 2006 9:49:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh..I could live with that :)
-------------------------------
Long live Skye, the Moonbat Slayer!

Monday, June 19, 2006 8:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Malking?

Nah..

You can call me GOD.

-----------------------------
Yeah, thanks for helping Malking, I mean "Skye" out with her new "troll".

Monday, June 19, 2006 8:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

© Copyright, Sparks from the Anvil, All Rights Reserved