Thursday, January 18, 2007

More Hard Evidence of Global Warming at Work!

Global cooling hits Los Angeles!

This is a photo of the Wordsmithmobile parked outside my client's house at 7:15 in the morning; just north of UCLA:


That's frost on the grass, folks!

My client says he hasn't seen anything like snow here since maybe around 1949. His wife said the street was covered , last night.

Also when I was at the gymnastics club last night, a couple of the team girls came in and said they saw snow coming down in Santa Monica (where I live). I would have loved to see that! One thing I miss here in Southern California, is changes in the season. But lately, it's been very cold (cold for here, anyway).


Recognize that? Yes: it's poop in the snow. Guess it was too cold to pick up after what is supposed to be your responsibility.

Thought, I'd share with my readers.

Yes, I know.

You're welcome.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Global Warming...Global Cooling...it's a cyclical thing with libs and ironically enough...nature.

:)

Thursday, January 18, 2007 4:17:00 PM  
Blogger Mike's America said...

Oh THANK YOU for the poop in snow!

I wanted snow for Christmas and YOU got it in January.

I think this signals the start of the ten plagues of Egypt relocated to California.

First it was fires on Malibu Beach. Now snow. What's next?

Thursday, January 18, 2007 7:18:00 PM  
Blogger Dionne said...

LOL :-) Thanks for sharing!! I'm so sick of the ridiculous blather on Global warming.

Thursday, January 18, 2007 9:04:00 PM  
Blogger Gayle said...

Love the Wordsmithmobile, Wordsmith! :)

"Poop in the Snow." It's so poetic. LOL! Reminds me of the Kitty Litter cake I posted, only that poop was made from Tootsie Rolls. You just had to go and upstage me by posting the real thing! ;)

I do know how rare it is for it to snow in LA; even more rare than snow in Central Texas. I lived there as a teenager and I never saw snow.

Friday, January 19, 2007 7:33:00 AM  
Blogger SkyePuppy said...

Mike,

I don't remember the ten plagues including dog poop.

WordSmith,

After that picture, you should check out Malott's Blog for his recent spree of "art" work:

malottblog.blogspot.com

Friday, January 19, 2007 10:02:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In 1976 (give or take a year or two) school was canceled at about 1:oo in the afternoon at Livermore High School (east SF Bay Area) because for the first time anyone could remember it snowed. There wasn't more than an eighth of an inch on the ground but we all ran out of class screaming and started scraping snowballs together. I guess I don't really know if they canceled school or if we all just left. It was the 70's.

Saturday, February 10, 2007 9:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

© Copyright, Sparks from the Anvil, All Rights Reserved