Sunday, September 30, 2007

The Best of Senator Robert Byrd: "This hearing is adjourned suspended!"

"This hearing is adjourned!" Byrd shouted, hammering his gavel violently. An aide whispered in Byrd's ear. "This hearing is suspended!" he corrected. -Dana Milbank, Preaching to the Chorus, Washington Post



I first heard about this while listening to Laura Ingraham. If there's one thing that I still listen to her program for, it's the Robert Byrd soundbytes.

I think I might do a new "semi-regular" feature, posting video links to Senator Byrd's ramblings, in the same spirit as my "saturday morning cartoons" and Monday "Caption This".

Remember: As president pro tempore, Senator Robert Byrd is 3rd in line behind Vice President Dick Cheney and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi for the presidency.

Pray, it never ever comes to that.

This took place September 26, 2007, with Robert Byrd chairing the Senate Appropriations Committee.

Enjoy!






Also blogging:
CodePink

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Marie's Two Cents said...

LMAO!

I LOVE to listen to Robert Byrd, even though he makes me mad I still love to hear him ramble on.

However I dont think he is going to make it through this term.

Monday, October 01, 2007 12:47:00 PM  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

Code Pink photos.

Tuesday, October 02, 2007 9:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

© Copyright, Sparks from the Anvil, All Rights Reserved