Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Momentum

Click the photo for the Michael Totten part II piece on Anbar Awakening

Hat tip:
Bookworm Room and Black Five.

Previous recent posts:
Where's al-Qaeda's Tet Offensive?
Assassin Captured by Special Forces


Also:

On September 11, Youssif and his family arrived in Chicago en route to the Children's Burn Foundation in Los Angeles as Youssif prepares to undergo lengthy rehabilitation for his burns.

The family is overwhelmed by the beauty in America:

"Oh my God, it's so green. Am I in heaven?" –Youssif’s mother

"I feel like I'm in a dream. Someone needs to pinch me. You see America on television, but you never imagine or dream that you will ever be here.” He paused, tears in his eyes. "It's more than paradise." -Youssif’s father.

Want to know more? Go to Bottomline Up Front for the story.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Gayle said...

Thanks for the link to that story, Wordsmith. I haven't visited it yet, but I will. It sounds awesome! I can just imagine how America would look to people who've been living in sand all their lives. :)

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 2:47:00 PM  
Blogger Gayle said...

Wordsmith, I just went to Amy's where that story is posted. The video is indeed awesome, but Amy is being attacked on that blog by true idiots who don't have one word of compassion for that poor child! As I said on Amy's blog, if they are Americans, I'm ashamed of them! GRRRR! There are those on the left who should be shipped to a Communist country, since they seem to like the idea so much!

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 3:05:00 PM  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

I'll take a look. Thanks for the tip, gayle.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 10:56:00 PM  
Blogger Gayle said...

You're welcome, Wordsmith. I saw the comment you left over there. Great job!

Thursday, September 20, 2007 7:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

© Copyright, Sparks from the Anvil, All Rights Reserved