Saturday, September 15, 2007

Of Eagles, Doves, WarDoves, Warhawks, Chickenhawks, and Moonbats

A counter-protester yells at anti-war demonstrators on Pennsylvania Ave. in Washington.
Pablo Martinez Monsivais - AP


A protester struggles to get over a barrier and away from Capitol Police during an antiwar protest in Washington. At least 150 protesters were arrested.Melina Mara - The Washington Post


Ron Harood from Mount Pleasant, North Carolina, waves an American flag in support of U.S. troops in Iraq.
Melina Mara - The Washington Post


Geoff Millard, president of the D.C. chapter of Iraq Veterans Against the War, participates in the "die-in" demonstration.
Melina Mara - The Washington Post


Demonstrators stage a "die-in," pretending to be dead soliders killed during battle in Iraq. Organizers said at least 1,000 people had registered, mostly on the Internet, for the "die-in."
Melina Mara - The Washintgon Post


Police arrest protesters that cross the barricade at the base of the Capitol building. Earlier in the week, President Bush ordered the first limited troop withdrawl in Iraq since a new Congress was elected last year, but protesters argue the drawdown to pre-"surge" troop levels is not enough.
Kevin Clark - The Washington Post




A protester is dragged away after breaching the barricade erected by Capitol police during the antiwar rally.
Kevin Clark - The Washington Post



At a "support the troops" rally, Bill Cook, from North Carolina, folds an American flag.
Melina Mara - The Washintgon Post



Counter-protester John Gonder, left, talks with antiwar demonstrator Gian Carlo Destefano. The antiwar protest was organized by the ANSWER Coalition, which stands for Act Now to Stop War and End Racism.
Kevin Clark - The Washington Post


Counter-protesters display support for U.S. troops in Iraq, and they claim Americans are safer since the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001. A large stage on the National Mall at 7th Street offered speakers a platform to ask leaders to complete the course in Iraq.
Melina Mara - The Washington Post

From Michelle Malkin:


Real class act.



Blogging:
Grizzly Mama
Midnight Blue (Check out her slideshow of some outstanding photos)
Now for Something Different
Pondering Penguin

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Gail A. said...

I'm happy to see they actually stopped them from getting to the capitol this time.

Did you happen to make it to the troop rally at Griffith Park this time around. I missed it. I've moved out of LA. And blech moved further north. Land of the freaking liberals.

Saturday, September 15, 2007 11:29:00 PM  
Blogger Stew Magoo said...

AUGH! I have to rinse out my eyes with kerosene after seeing the girl in that last photo.

Scary...

Sunday, September 16, 2007 5:09:00 AM  
Blogger Gayle said...

It's great that they didn't make it to the capitol, and the Gathering of Eagles crowd is also great!

Regarding that last picture of that "class act", I can't figure out why they think piercings in their lips, or anywhere on their faces, are attractive. How would you like to kiss something like that? Ugh! Sorry, Wordsmith... I know the answer to that! :)

Sunday, September 16, 2007 9:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty played out physically and emotionally after that trip Word. I'll try and get something posted today. I didn't get up to the steps to see the "die in" I had my own war going on the circle at Pennsylvania Ave and 1st St right in front of the Capitol building.

Sunday, September 16, 2007 10:05:00 AM  
Blogger Mike's America said...

Is someone going to post on the defacing of the Vietnam Vets Memorial?

Sunday, September 16, 2007 12:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The story on the damage done to the Vietnam Memorial isn't written yet Mike. The Park Service and the Vietnam Vets that tend to it have the film and from what I heard it was some lefties but they are holding the investigation close to their vest for right now.

Sunday, September 16, 2007 3:20:00 PM  
Blogger airforcewife said...

I saw FOX interviewing one of the die-in protestors as I turned the TV on yesterday.

This chick who was splashed with fake blood and risking so much (*snort*) to lie down on the street started ranting on about how the people over there are dying for NOTHING! NOTHING!

Then she admitted that she wasn't associated with the military at all. Then she called General Petraeus a "coward."

Because a man with a Bronze Star with V and a Legion of Merit and who is spending hte majority of his time in that beautiful vacation destination that is Iraq has far less courage than some high-and-mighty college student who took a Saturday off in order to do street theater.

Not to mention that I do believe that people who have no military connection ought to try putting themselves in our shoes before opening their big fat mouths about what "nothing" is. I mean, if you're all about peace and loving your fellow man, shouldn't the absolute gut check the military gets when people do their "NOTHING!" spiel at least have them consider their words carefully?

Oh, that's right. It's not OUR feelings that have any worth to them.

Angry doesn't begin to cover how I feel.

Sunday, September 16, 2007 6:40:00 PM  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

Did you happen to make it to the troop rally at Griffith Park this time around.

gail, I worked until 3pm, then headed downtown. I thought for sure there'd be a moonbat protest going on at City Hall. But all was quite. Sorry I missed Grifith Park. Didn't see anything in the papers, either.

stew,

Sorry. lol.

How would you like to kiss something like that? Ugh! Sorry, Wordsmith... I know the answer to that! :)

I agree. Admission: Two previous girlfriends had their tongues pierced.

No. I did not think it was attractive at all.

j_g,

I will read your post, shortly. I saw that it was up.

afw,

I wish you could have been there to give her a piece of your mind.

Sunday, September 16, 2007 9:31:00 PM  
Blogger Karen Townsend said...

Thanks for the link, Wordsmith. Next year I'd sure like to be a part of the Gathering of Eagles group in DC.

Monday, September 17, 2007 9:44:00 AM  
Blogger Skye said...

The next time these libertards throw a 'die-in', someone needs to display a banner displaying "This is what cutting and running from Iraq looks like"

Hmmmm...sounds like a job for Captain Photoshop!


A few things:

My T-shirt gained me lots of shrieks by the liberals; I let them know that I'm taking the color pink back from Code Pink and that 'the revolution' is now in the hands of convervatives - NOT liberals.

Also.....

An anti war Iraq veteran attempted to use his 'alleged' service as the moral highground in a discussion with myself and my fellow Eagles. Trying to suss out his claim, I claimed to have served in Iraq at the same time as he did. I told him I was stationed in Basrah as a medic.

He never questioned my information, never asked what unit I was attached to in Iraq and then proceeded to introduce me as an Iraq veteran to his silly friends.

I cannot say for certain that he was not truthful in his claim of service in Iraq, but the exchange dramatically higlights how easily these people can be led.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 6:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

© Copyright, Sparks from the Anvil, All Rights Reserved