Saturday, October 13, 2007

Saturday Morning Cartoon: The Dog Whisperer

I thought this was funny the first time I saw it:



Since then, it re-aired recently, and put into newer context when I learned that the Dog Whisperer in the South Park epidode is a real person: Cesar Millan of National Geographic's "The Dog Whisperer with Cesar Millan".

Dennis Prager had on Cesar Millan
. I thought it was hilarious that Prager would draw a connection between Cesar Millan's doctrine of working with Mother Nature, in relation to the natural needs of dogs:
  • Exercise
  • Discipline
  • Affection
And applying it to humans, in how we nurture our kids. Rather than "affection, affection, affection", what children need is "exercise, discipline, and affection".

So South Park wasn't just being funny after all....who woulda thunk it.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Gayle said...

Children crave discipline, they just don't know it, and most American children really need exercise!

This was indeed a funny episode, but one that could teach parents a few things. We have a bunch of spoiled brats in this country, thanks to Doctor Spock! None of my children would have ever dared speak to me like that. I know what God placed all that padding on their little tushes for. :)

Saturday, October 13, 2007 7:54:00 AM  
Blogger Karen Townsend said...

I shocked some friends as they realized that I raised my child on routines and schedules. Children are more secure and understand disipline with those two things. All this letting children decide their own bedtimes and letting them rule the house is so destructive to the family. I didn't spank but he hated lectures of disapproval so I didn't have to! I am happy to say he was a champ in his behavior at restaurants as a young child and traveling. Just tell them what you expect and they'll try to get there.

Saturday, October 13, 2007 12:21:00 PM  
Blogger Gayle said...

Perhaps if I had only one child I wouldn't have ever had to spank either, but I had three, two boys one year apart, and a daughter two years younger than the younger boy. Sibling rivalry is a bear! LOL!

Saturday, October 13, 2007 5:03:00 PM  
Blogger Gayle said...

Oh... I didn't have to spank the fourth one, my granddaughter whom we adopted. Schedules and routine works out pretty well for one child. Also a behavior chart when she was younger. She absolutely hated getting black stars, which meant demerits! Works like a charm. :)

Saturday, October 13, 2007 5:05:00 PM  
Blogger The Liberal Lie The Conservative Truth said...

I love it!!!!!! I am a watcher of the Dog Whisperer and this parody is great!!!

Sunday, October 14, 2007 9:22:00 AM  
Blogger Marie's Two Cents said...

Oh how true!

Unless you get a firm grip on those little ***** they turn into Liberals!!

Sunday, October 14, 2007 1:53:00 PM  
Blogger WomanHonorThyself said...

heh...Exercise
Discipline
Affection
...I could use that myself Word!..LOL

Sunday, October 14, 2007 8:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

© Copyright, Sparks from the Anvil, All Rights Reserved