Friday, November 16, 2007

Bully-proofed by "35 years" of "public service"?

Senators Hillary Rodham Clinton and Barack Obama on Thursday night at the debate in Las Vegas
Photo by Isaac Brekken for The New York Times (captioning courtesy of wordsmith)


"what the American people are looking for right now is straight answers to tough questions, and that is not what we've seen out of Senator Clinton on a host of issues."
- Senator Barack Obama answering a question fielded to him by CNN plant Wolf Blitzer at last night's Democratic debate in Nevada

"I don't mind taking hits on my record, on issues, but when somebody starts throwing mud, at least we can hope that it's both accurate and not right out of the Republican playbook,"
-Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton

Other excerpts from today's Washington Post:
Asked whether she supports giving driver's licenses to illegal immigrants -- the question she flubbed on Oct. 30 -- Clinton simply said "No,"

Wishy-washy flip-flop. Translation: She was sorta for it before she is now against it.

Clinton talked at length about her role as a female candidate, saying she had not played the "gender card." Pressed to explain why, in recent weeks, she had described the campaign as a "boys' club," Clinton paused and looked at the questioner. "Well, it is clear, I think, from women's experiences that from time to time, there may be some impediments," she said.

Asked whether she is exploiting her status as a woman, Clinton said: "I'm not exploiting anything at all. I'm not playing, as some people say, the gender card here in Las Vegas. I'm just trying to play the winning card." She added: "People are not attacking me because I'm a woman. They're attacking me because I'm ahead."

C'mon, Hillary.....keep it simple. Keep it simple.

Just a wee little blog post, throwing mud right out of my "Republican Playbook".

After all: I'm a Republican plant off the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy Plantation. And you know what I'm talking about.


REUTERS/Steve Marcus

Others blogging captioning fun:

Mike's America

Grizzly Mama

Right Think

The Further Adventures of Indigo Red

Cross-posted at Flopping Aces

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Karen Townsend said...

I got through the first 30 minutes of the re-broadcast - not gonna miss Grey's Anatomy for those twerps - and had to switch the channel. Blech. It was kinda interesting that Edwards bombed so badly with the audience.

Wolf Blitzer is still a Clinton tool.

Friday, November 16, 2007 5:03:00 AM  
Blogger Rivka said...

Karen,
You didn't miss much of the love fest. I didn't watch either. Cleaning my kitchen was much more thrilling.

Wordsmith,
Great post! I love the editing you do with your pictures as well.

Friday, November 16, 2007 6:44:00 AM  
Blogger Gayle said...

I didn't watch it either. Watching oil-based paint dry would be more exciting!

We're all throwing mud from our "Republican Playbooks" Wordsmith. LOL! Here's some more: It seems Hillary has been taking pointers right out of Kerry's playbook. She's proven herself to be as adept at flip-flopping as he is.

Friday, November 16, 2007 8:11:00 AM  
Blogger Marie's Two Cents said...

I wonder if they will be selling Hillary Flip Flops yet.

I still have my Kerry Flip Flops, wonder what I could get for them on Ebay?

Friday, November 16, 2007 2:28:00 PM  
Blogger Skye said...

You're my blog crush for this week's episode of The Victoy Hour.

Actually...you are my blog crush every week!

Friday, November 16, 2007 4:22:00 PM  
Blogger AmPowerBlog said...

Cool post.

The MSM interpretation is that Hill's got her mojo back!

I'll update with a link to your post - thanks!

Friday, November 16, 2007 6:10:00 PM  
Blogger Mike's America said...

We're thinking along parallel lines again. But you beat me to it.

I just posted something similar.

Friday, November 16, 2007 10:32:00 PM  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

karen,

I think Edwards is the one out of the top 3 Democratic candidates who I am least favorable to.

rivka,

Thanks. As you see from Mike's post, I taught him everything he knows about the simple online captioning.

gayle,

Playing in the mud can sometimes be fun.

marie,

I think it is an obvious distinction between someone changing their position, over time because they have grown through experience; and someone making decisions based upon how it politically polls, without core beliefs.

skye,

*blush*

God, how I love you!

donald,

Thanks for the link up.

mike,

I linked to your post. Good work!

Saturday, November 17, 2007 3:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee Skye, I thought I was the only one....LOL No hunk here, move along...

The debate should have been called a debacle. Freak show that it was...

How does one contact the Wordsmith (email/contact form)? Maybe Skye knows...heh

Saturday, November 17, 2007 3:30:00 PM  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

big dog,

Welcome! Your reputation precedes you, as skye talks about you constantly.

skye's admirers are many. If you need to get a hold of me, skye holds the magic key.

Saturday, November 17, 2007 10:27:00 PM  
Blogger Dionne said...

I love the Hillary license, great post!!

Saturday, November 17, 2007 10:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kucinich won it just as Ron Paul has won every GOP debate.

Sunday, November 18, 2007 7:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

© Copyright, Sparks from the Anvil, All Rights Reserved