Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Time to Stand United in Solidarity


Democratic presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama (L) and Republican presidential candidate Senator John McCain (R) greet each other before paying their respects at the site of the former twin towers in New York, on the seventh anniversary of the attack on the World Trade Center, September 11, 2008. REUTERS/Shannon Stapleton

Despite political differences, a message should be sent to the world that at the end of the day, we are all Americans first. It's comforting to know that we have two great candidates in a historic election that will see glass ceilings broken one way or the other.


Democratic presidential nominee Sen. Barack Obama (R) lays a flower as he and Republican presidential nominee Sen. John McCain visit a memorial at Ground Zero to mark the seventh anniversary of the 9/11 attacks in New York, September 11, 2008.
REUTERS/Pool



....

........

...........ok, and now back to your regularly scheduled right-wing political swiftboating and griping.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

Sorry folks. I just had a kumbaya moment. But it's passed now.

Thursday, September 11, 2008 11:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had that same feeling..thankfully it was only for a split second......
I just put away my Bongos and took off my Bandana

Friday, September 12, 2008 3:17:00 AM  
Blogger Z said...

my kumbaya moment ended when Obama threw his rose and the mcCains both stooped down to place it respectfully on the others. Nitpicking is something I don't usually approve of (and there's been too much in this campaign on both sides) but that bugged me and I am glad you have that picture on your blog..it seemed to me to say a lot about comportment and dignity and respect...silly as that sounds.

The video you linked at my site is INCREDIBLE, thanks so much.


dinner soon........we've been busy :0(

Friday, September 12, 2008 5:40:00 AM  
Blogger Gayle said...

That picture really points out the difference in the two candidates, Wordsmith. I'm not surprised by it though.

I'm doing a bit better. Put up a new post with a personal update. I didn't spend too much time here so I don't have to do too many crunches. ;)

Friday, September 12, 2008 6:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

© Copyright, Sparks from the Anvil, All Rights Reserved