Friday, October 31, 2008

Haunted Houses in Los Angeles

Halloween is a fun time. Not only do people love to dress up, but they love to decorate their houses as well, with the macabre and the shocking. Full of scary laughs and frightening decorations.

I thought I'd share with my readers, some of the clever and imaginative if not bone-chilling haunted house decorations out there in the Los Angeles area....







These are near UCLA....







On my way to work, houses in Palms and Culver City...







This one is just awesome:


Scariest houses of all, though.....








Brace yourselves.......















Now those are simply terrifying. Tricks-or-treaters should be wary that if they go to these houses with a bag already full of candy, beware the owner of these houses doesn't reach into your bag to distribute your hard-earned candy to other tricks-or-treaters, just making their rounds. Play safe, and be safe!


Happy Halloween!



Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger shoprat said...

Coolest Halloween decoration I ever saw was a very large wire and fabric ensemble that looked like a huge flower with a pair of feet sticking out of it. I wished I had a camera when I saw it.

Friday, October 31, 2008 5:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My eyes, My eyes! The horror!!!!! I know I was warned, but I just wasn't prepared for the sight of those houses! Phew!!

LMAO @ "Tricks-or-treaters should be wary that if they go to these houses with a bag already full of candy, beware the owner of these houses doesn't reach into your bag to distribute your hard-earned candy to other tricks-or-treaters, just making their rounds."

Friday, October 31, 2008 7:53:00 PM  
Blogger Gayle said...

My favorite was the sixth from the top. The one with Garfield on the left. I like people who have fun with Halloween without getting all morbid about it. :)

Saturday, November 01, 2008 7:39:00 AM  
Blogger Marie's Two Cents said...

I think I posted a similiar response over at FA.

I remember growing up in LA and these people take Halloween very serious here lol

I remember as a kid trick or treating I was always so scared to go up to the door my parents had to drag me some of the decorations were so spooky.

Then when it came time to take my own kids trick or treating I had so much fun watching them get the crap scared out of them lol

They just dont do Halloween anywhere else like they do in LA.

Happy Belated Halloween :-)

Saturday, November 01, 2008 3:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's nice to take a break for a day or two, isn't it.
Oh well we are getting into the home streach, time to get real again

Sunday, November 02, 2008 5:12:00 AM  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

Actually, I have been "getting real", over at FA. Lots of recent posts I've not put up at Sparks from the Anvil, my home blog.

Not sure why I've not seen fit to add my posts, here.

Sunday, November 02, 2008 7:30:00 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

Nice lead in to the horror. Is that supposed to be a Sarah Palin skeleton in that one pic?

Sunday, November 02, 2008 6:08:00 PM  
Blogger Z said...

and I recognize at least 3 of the houses! Best Halloween Blog Award goes to........SPARKY! Thanks! This was REALLY fun and imaginative..and some are TRULY SCARY! xx

Monday, November 03, 2008 10:27:00 AM  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

Such polite spam....don't have the heart to delete.

Friday, April 03, 2009 7:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

© Copyright, Sparks from the Anvil, All Rights Reserved