Thursday, September 01, 2005

Political Looters and Arm-Chair First Responders R Us

Regarding the looting and uncivilized behavior of some lowlifes living amongst us, One Soldier's Perspective has the right response.

Needing food and water is one thing, but how is stealing plasma TVs or beer a bare necessity of life? I guess the looter needed some beer necessity.

Chrenkoff ( hat tip to Ex-Donkey) has a list of the worst exploitation quotes from the political looters- "arm-chair first time responders"- as I heard Michelle Malkin describe them, on-air with a radio host (might have been Medved). Malkin mentions Chrenkoff's list as well. Lots of good stuff in her latest post.

Ex-Donkey also clues business owners into a perfect example of an effective anti-looter sign.

Freedom Eden is staying on top of things, putting to task those who wish to point fingers.

And of course, ours isn't the only recent tragedy that occurred in the world, although it's only natural to feel it more when it happens in our own front yard. Pamela the Patriotic Mom talks about how the blame game is not uniquely American; I guess every village has 'em.

Update: NYgirl made a nice post, among which are National Guard stats and a mention of how a year ago during Hurricane Charley, President Bush was accused of responding too quickly.

The New York Times had a great article today. I may comment at a later date (naw, probably not- old news by then!).

Won't be blogging much these next few days, if I'm smart. I'll be at the Long Beach Convention Center these next 4 days. So unless I can't resist my blog-addiction and come back here for another word or two, have a safe Labor Day Weekend everyone!






Wordsmith





P.S. I've been slowly adding more links to the right of this page. If you want me to link you and I haven't done so already, just let me know. The divisions are just me trying to be cutesy, rather than any real, hard-line categorizing. Some are obvious, others blurred on where I could/should put 'em. I got some of my ideas from Ex-Donkey who called bloggers "Pajamahadeen" in his links section. I'm sure that's a reference to Klein's rant, regarding the "pajama-bloggers'" victory over Rathergate, effectively giving old media a well-deserved shiner.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

I won't be blogging much either.

I'll be spending the Labor Day Weekend at a secure, undisclosed location with the slowest dial-up connection in the Western world.

Just thinking about it gives me the shakes. It's as close to going cold turkey as one can get.

Have a great weekend!

Friday, September 02, 2005 11:41:00 PM  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

Thanks NYgirl! Of course I'll keep posting!

Mary, you going close to cold turkey even for 3 hours let alone 3 days.....this I gotta see! If you give in, and find the opportunity to blog, we won't hold it against you. (^_^)

Saturday, September 03, 2005 12:02:00 AM  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

Haha...I wasn't quite sure where to put you, Michael, and I wanted an "all over the place" category to come after "to the right", "to the left" categories.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 4:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

© Copyright, Sparks from the Anvil, All Rights Reserved