Monday, April 09, 2007

Nothing to Post.....So a Non-Update

I have been experiencing a bit of blog-burnout, as well as exhaustion from news-reading; so my apologies for not making my rounds of late, as thoroughly as I should.

Since blogging and blog-reading, I've found myself with little time to read books that have been piling up on my "to do" list.

For those of you who have been wondering what's been going on with me and the National Guard (and for those who missed my announcement, it is here), there's really nothing new to speak of. I am still waiting on the medical waiver. I contacted my recruiter as early as a few days ago, feeling like my life in the near future is hanging in limbo; and she said she hasn't forgotten about me, and to just be patient. Around the same time, I got a letter from my Dad who happened to mention how it took him 3 months to get a waiver for gout medication.

I guess I'll just have to exercise patience. My original plans were to ship out in summer or end of summer, anyway. So I suppose it doesn't really matter. But I feel a certain restlessness as the current conflicts that we are involved in, carries on...

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Flag Gazer said...

Hang in there!!!

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 12:12:00 AM  
Blogger The Liberal Lie The Conservative Truth said...

Dittos on hanging in there and enjoy the rest my friend!

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 7:08:00 AM  
Blogger Fishgutts said...

Just post those funny political cartoons for a while. HIL----ARIOUS!!!!

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 7:14:00 AM  
Blogger Gayle said...

I know how you feel about blogger burnout, Wordsmith. The two weeks off that I took helped a lot!

Stay cool and rest up. :)

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 7:30:00 AM  
Blogger Kyrie Drake said...

I too have been dealing with some burnout Wordsmith, so no worries there!

I finally read all of the post about you joining the Guard (yeah, I'm behind on READING my blogs too!), congrats on that!

My hubby was 35 when he went back in the Army two years ago, and had a few extra pounds to lose as well. It didn't take him too long to get back into shape, and he found that his problem areas (specifically his 'bad' knee) were much imporved with the regular workout regimen.

Just get used to being called 'grandpa' by all the punk kids you go through boot camp with. ;)

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 3:57:00 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Good luck with the burnout. And keep after recruiters to remind them.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 7:49:00 PM  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

You just take yourself a little rest there, Wordsmith. Y'hear?!

Thanks for the Easter wishes - love 'em!

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 9:11:00 PM  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

Thanks for the support, everyone!

Looks like I'm blogging, some, after all!

Wednesday, April 11, 2007 12:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

© Copyright, Sparks from the Anvil, All Rights Reserved