Saturday, November 17, 2007

A Non-Political Post You Can Flush Down the Drain

As an Asian, I get to use my free race pass card and say this:


Asians are frakkin' weirdos, man.



I'm sure some of you have received those darn e-mail forwards with pictures like this:

That's just....well, I don't know what to say.


Poking around at Reuters, I found the following:


Customers dine at the Modern Toilet diner in the Shilin district in Taipei, Taiwan, November 9, 2007.
REUTERS/Nicky Loh



A customer eats a set meal shaped like a toilet bowl at the Modern Toilet diner in the Shilin district in Taipei, Taiwan, November 9, 2007.
REUTERS/Nicky Loh



A waiter brings a set meal to a customer at the Modern Toilet diner in the Shilin district of Taipei, Taiwan, November 9, 2007.
REUTERS/Nicky Loh


A customer looks at her ice cream at the Modern Toilet diner in the Shilin district of Taipei, Taiwan, November 9, 2007. All 100 seats in the crowded diner are made from toilet bowls, not chairs. Sink faucets and gender-coded "WC" signs appear throughout the diner.
REUTERS/Nicky Loh




I'm guessing "vanilla" isn't on the flavor menu; although, "rocky road" could very well be.

Now, I've got just one question, because I'm dying to know: What the frak do you suppose the restrooms look like?

If I owned one of these, I'd feel like Captain Kirk readying the photon torpedoes.

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Blogger The Liberal Lie The Conservative Truth said...

I just don't think I could get by the look with the ice cream!

Talk about a post that is one for the crapper!

Sunday, November 18, 2007 9:29:00 AM  
Blogger Curt said...

Um...what the flying hell? Who in their right mind would think of doing up a restaurant to remind everyone of a bathroom?

Just when you think you've seen it all.

Sunday, November 18, 2007 10:07:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's pretty weird Word. I guess maybe if you're constipated this suggestive presentation may help without the use of harsh chemical stimulants. (sound like a commercial?) I don't think this behavior is limited to Asians though. Just go to any place where there are a bunch of regular guys of any national origin hanging around together and soon the talk of gas passing and other items of human bodily functions will be the lively topic.

Sunday, November 18, 2007 2:43:00 PM  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

jennifer,

I'm not talking about just bathroom humor. I'm talking about "culture weird".

Example.

I have relatives who are Japanese. Let me tell you: The Japanese- God bless them- some weird humor!!!

Sunday, November 18, 2007 6:20:00 PM  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

Ok....a disturbing "lol".

Sunday, November 18, 2007 6:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

5 Boobs, I haven't laughed like that in quite some time. Yeah that was weird but it was doggone that was funny. Even the the Guy wearing the skelton suit could hardly keep a staright face :-)

Monday, November 19, 2007 1:33:00 AM  
Blogger Rivka said...

This is wierd indeed. I mean, celebrating poop.. toilets, etc.. Kids (boys) would love it though.

Monday, November 19, 2007 3:07:00 AM  
Blogger Fishgutts said...

OK, if you can play the Asain card, I can play the fat, white guy card. I would not eat from a fake toilet bowl. And yes, Asains are weird. Tell us about thos weird toe sox with toe finger things. (That was probably the worse description EVER of what I was trying to describe.)

Monday, November 19, 2007 9:28:00 AM  
Blogger Dionne said...

There is no way I'm eating at a restaurant that has everything like a toilet, yikes!!!!

Monday, November 19, 2007 7:38:00 PM  
Blogger Gayle said...

Good grief! I wouldn't eat there either. Yes, Wordsmith, I believe I can agree that the culture is weird!

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 7:23:00 AM  
Blogger Gail A. said...

Hi Word. Ok this post jarred a memory loose. (no not the poo part) I'm wondering if you sent me a myspace friends request? I had no idea you're asian but it makes sense now. A guy from SM sent me a friends request & I wondered who the heck is this? Thinking it was some random person. Then I saw this and remembered that I had on my blog my myspace i.d. so can you email me if it was you? I'm feeling so duh right now. gailalison10@gmail dot com thanks

Sunday, November 25, 2007 11:29:00 PM  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

gail, nope. Twas not I. I do not, as of yet, have a myspace account. Let the mystery continue...

Monday, November 26, 2007 7:12:00 AM  
Blogger Gail A. said...

OK now I feel even duh-er :) I guess it was some random person. But I'm glad it wasn't you I ignored....

Monday, November 26, 2007 7:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

© Copyright, Sparks from the Anvil, All Rights Reserved