Wednesday, December 05, 2007

What would Theodore Roosevelt Do?

If anyone should feel offended that a Teddy Bear would be named "Mohammed", it should be him!
I think her situation is particularly ridiculous when you consider that the term “teddy bear” itself comes from a political, if not a religious, figure, i.e., President Theodore Roosevelt.

Apparently he took part in a hunting competition in Mississippi where the party pursued a black bear cub until it was treed by hounds following a long chase.

Roosevelt refused to shoot the bear himself, “deeming this unsportsmanlike, but instructed that the treed bear be killed to put it out of its misery, and it became the topic of a political cartoon,” according to a Wikipedia entry online.

“A Brooklyn store owner, Morris Michtom, saw the drawing of Roosevelt and the bear cub and was inspired to create a new toy, a little stuffed bear cub, the Internet entry states.

He put it in his shop window with a sign that read “Teddy's bear.”

The bears were an immediate success and Michtom founded the Ideal Novelty and Toy Co., which still exists today.

Ironically, the world's first Teddy Bear Museum was set up in Petersfield, Hampshire, England, in 1984, according to the Web site.

At least it will be handy for Ms. Gibbons to visit after her deportation.

Meanwhile, it will be handy for me, in my old age, to have all of us using the same name.

I will just have to call out a little prayer to Mohammed, and I will hear from eight of them.

God works in mysterious ways, doesn't He?



There is a website calling itself "Teddy Bear Jesus". This is an absolute outrage! Worse than the Jesus action figures and related items.

I'm in such a murderous rage! I don't know what to do! I'm beside myself with violent intent! What to do? What to do!?!



I know, I'll consult those wise oracles on "The View"







Good.....Lord! Mother of God! Now I really want to kill!!!! Or go bang my head against the nearest brick wall!!!




What? You want serious? I'll give you a serious response....in the comment section.

*sigh*....

The Sudanese clerics said this was blasphemy and believed it was intentional.

"What has happened was not haphazard or carried out of ignorance, but
rather a calculated action and another ring in the circles of plotting
against Islam," the Sudanese Assembly of the Ulemas said the statement.

"It is part of the campaign of the so-called war against terrorism and the intense media campaign against Islam," they said.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Dionne said...

Great post!! I too saw that Glenn McCoy cartoon and thought it was priceless.

Every time I watch a clip from "The View" I feel like bashing my head against a brick wall.

Wednesday, December 05, 2007 11:38:00 PM  
Blogger Karen Townsend said...

Terrific way for me to start my day this morning! I so agree with you on those idiots on The View, and the audiences being even more dreadful. Who are these women? I saw Baba Wawa on O'Reilly last night doing her 10 most interesting people lead up to her tv special. On the list? Hugo Chavez. Yep. That Baba. A mental giant, I tell ya.

Thursday, December 06, 2007 5:00:00 AM  
Blogger The Liberal Lie The Conservative Truth said...

First how did you even watch the clip from the View without heaving your guts ? LOL

I going to invent a new toy. It's called Mohammed the Islamic Transformer. It will be a male action figure dressed in robes who transforms into a raving murderous lunatic, without changing clothes!

This Muslim PC stuf is looney tunes and Babwaa Waltwaas and her crew are among the worst!

Thursday, December 06, 2007 9:50:00 AM  
Blogger Gail A. said...

Where is the barf bag alert? I think I'm going to get a pot bellied pig and name it...I won't say it because I don't want my house fire bombed. But yes a good name for a pig. :)~

Thursday, December 06, 2007 10:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

© Copyright, Sparks from the Anvil, All Rights Reserved