Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Christmas stocking stuffers

Compliments of CJ.






Living in this California blue state, I still see Kerry/Edwards bumper stickers every single day. Wtf? Election 2004 was over a year ago. Frankly, if I were a Democrat, I'd be embarrassed by it, even if I still opposed President Bush. I just don't feel like Senator Kerry and John Edwards were the best candidates the Democrats could have fielded for their team. It actually brings a smile to my face, at times, when I see those campaign stickers.

The ones that make me roll my eyes, however, are those lib cars that are just plastered up and down with anti-Bush slogans and environmental scare-mongering and pacifist messages. Why so much negativity? I've never seen so many anti- messages as I have since this Administration took office. When Presidential Candidate John Forbes Kerry ran, I didn't put anti-Kerry slogans up all over my car. Before the election, I saw anti-Bush messages not only on cars, but on homes as well.

This dollar bill I found in my posession last week. Is it really that necessary to deface your U.S. currency like that? It is so juvenile.

I'm not exactly a fan of President Clinton. But I still respect the fact that he held the Office of the Presidency. I don't go around defacing property by scrawling Clinton-hate all over my corner of the country. I didn't then, and I don't now.


Ones that get under my skin, because I think they are misguided are:

"Peace is Patriotic"- (as if all of us don't want the same thing, which is peace). This slogan must be inspired by the oversensitive feeling that if they are criticized for their stance, suddenly their patriotism is under attack, even in many instances where no one said that they are being unpatriotic. It's their judgment that's often being questioned.

"War is not the Answer". I see this one everywhere. It's a pacifist slogan, pure and simple. Ignoring the fact that pacifism did not solve nazism, slavery, fascism, and communism. Sometimes in the war between good and evil, it takes the tools of evil to destroy evil. Namely, violence. And I do believe in what Dennis Prager refers to as "moral violence". Sometimes it is necessary to use violence to destroy the evil in this world. In a world filled with wolves and sheep, thank God for the sheepdog....for the "rough men" who are willing to muddy their hands and their souls to commit violence on our behalf, so as to preserve our society and spare our children the horrors that they themselves face. There is no peace without a strong military to defend and preserve it. It is so obvious to me; yet this notion of "peace through strength" seems lost and obscured from so many of my fellow citizens.


And since I've had nothing substantive to post about for the past few days, let me also direct you to my comment in CJ's other post.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Fred Fry said...

"War is not the Answer"

I always love asking the moonbat holding this sign:
"What is the answer?"

surprisingly, more often than not I just get a confused look back as they never thought it through. the empty look is priceless.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 5:49:00 PM  
Blogger Bos'un said...

Misguided people have opinions, only problem is they are usually misguided opinions. I have been wondering myself what is up with bumper stickers I've been seeing around.

What amazed me when I went to the Ward Churchill lecture, I was amazed at some of anti establishment and impeach Bush stickers there were in the campus parking lot. And, the communist party of America newspaper that was being hawked outside had the same rhetoric along with articles about Cindy Sheehan, etc. Seems like they have adopted the same talking points as rhetoric and the bumper stickers you have pointed out. It is scary when the communists and kooks spout liberal talking points.

Glad most of the people at Ward Churchill’s lecture were curiosity seekers. If you missed it, you can read my write-up at my blog:
http://thebosunlocker.blogspot.com/2005/11/ward-churchill-shoreline-community.html

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 5:57:00 AM  
Blogger Bos'un said...

BTW, another good source of discussing moonbats and other topics is Rick Roberts, 760 KFMB Radio, San Diego. He allowed me to repost some of his blogs. One I really liked about Cindy Sheehan was: http://thebosunlocker.blogspot.com/2005/10/great-news-i-received-permission-from.html

I check Rick's radio blogs often at http://www.760kfmb.com/rick_blog/

Just wanted to pass on some other sources of good information. Have a great day.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 6:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

© Copyright, Sparks from the Anvil, All Rights Reserved