Monday, December 05, 2005

The Color Purple






Bos'un left a comment in my previous post regarding staining your right index finger come the Iraqi election beginning this December 12th, in a show of support for the Iraqi people and their attempts at building a democracy. In addition, A Soldier's Perspective has a great inspirational video that is worth a shout out.

Whether we are a red-state voter or a blue-state voter, Republican or Democrat, I would hope that all of us are rooting for purple solidarity; that we are all cheering for election success and a democratically-held, free Iraq.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

I would hope that we all would be praying for success in Iraq, but I know there are people that are banking on disaster for their own political gain.

I could have never predicted that our country could be so divided or that some would actually be cheering for the failure of democracy in Iraq.

It's very discouraging.

Monday, December 05, 2005 11:06:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Monday, December 05, 2005 11:06:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

It looked like my comment didn't publish, so I tried again.

Oops!

Monday, December 05, 2005 11:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

© Copyright, Sparks from the Anvil, All Rights Reserved