Friday, February 10, 2006

"Why I am a Republican...."

I originally made this post for Flopping Aces, but thought I'd reproduce it here, since I've been wanting to post this video up for a while now.

I may post another clip of the show in the future; if I do, then I'll talk more about this funny animated series and how I discovered it.

Mike's America left a comment in a previous post:

Time to start a new category guys:

The Difference between Republicans and Democrats!

How many relativists have you heard suggest there is no difference? Of course it’s a subtle way of implying that you might as well vote for their guy.


I thought I'd take the humorous approach, and share a clip from a short-lived animated series, "This Just In" (from the episode, "Labidocrites":



Here is a bit of a context for the clip:

Newport struggles to pretend to be a liberal to have sex with the hottest girl he's ever met. He is about to make a speech in front of a bunch of liberals and cracks under pressure, admitting that he's a Republican and what exactly that means to him.

Hat tip: Richwatch.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mike's America said...

Pretty funny!

The sad thing is that there ARE people out there who pretend to be liberal, or at least they don't speak out about their conservatives views because they want to be liked.

Some people find it easier to stick their finger in the air and see which way the wind blows than stick by their principles.

Friday, February 10, 2006 8:29:00 PM  
Blogger Dionne said...

I laughed so hard at this video. Awesome!! I am definitely mad I missed this show and sorry it got cancelled. You will definitely have to talk more about it in future posts.

I just want you to know I really enjoy and like your blog. I'm very glad to have you on my blogroll, and you have become one of my favorites.

Saturday, February 11, 2006 10:59:00 AM  
Blogger Dionne said...

Hey I linked to this video and the Cindy Sheehan one on my post today. Awesome stuff!!

Sunday, February 12, 2006 3:56:00 PM  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

Chatterbox, you make me blush. Thank you. You are a lot of fun to blog with.

I really don't have a lot to tell about the series, as it was on and off so fast, I only took notice of it right before it disappeared from the air. Unfortunately, you can't seem to find the episodes anywhere. It was great, because, like SNL, it would be very topical, and the cartoon would be making jokes about current event news that happened within the past week.

Sunday, February 12, 2006 7:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

© Copyright, Sparks from the Anvil, All Rights Reserved