Friday, August 11, 2006

This Got My Goat

Ace of Spades HQ brought this to the attention of the blogosphere a few days ago:


Iraq Still Manages to Shock

Listen to this story... by John Hendren

Morning Edition, August 7, 2006 · Sectarian strife continues to worsen
in the Iraqi capital of Baghdad.

...the killing in Iraq is getting: shepherds in the rural western Baghdad neighborhood of Gazalea have recently been murdered, according to locals, for failing to diaper their goats....


Yes, you read that right. According to the audio:
The sexual tension is apparently so high in regions where sheiks take a draconian view of Sharia Law, that they feel the sight of naked goats poses an unacceptable temptation. They blame the goats.
Not only that, but at a grocery store in east Baghdad, the grocer and 3 others were shot to death and the grocery store firebombed because the grocer had "suggestively arranged his vegetables".

Have I mentioned how much I love my country, lately? Not that we don't get our own "news of the weird" over here...but, God bless America and our *ahem* liberal attitudes and acceptance of naked goats and erotic vegetables!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Old Soldier said...

I wonder if it is the 'butting' thing about goats that scares the Muslim clerics?

Friday, August 11, 2006 6:04:00 AM  
Blogger airforcewife said...

wow. those veggies...

wow.

Friday, August 11, 2006 6:27:00 AM  
Blogger Gayle said...

How ridiculous can they get?

This post makes me wish I still had the picture I posted awhile back showing two tomatoes from my vegetable garden. One with an erect "penis" and the other... well, you figure it out.

I no longer have the picture because not too long after that I lost my pc and hadn't done a backup in awhile. Dang!

Friday, August 11, 2006 4:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Impressive veggies, Sparky!

Saturday, August 12, 2006 11:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

© Copyright, Sparks from the Anvil, All Rights Reserved