Monday, December 10, 2007

Why Democrats are Childish

For those who didn't read my comment in the previous post, my computer has given up on me after 7 years of consistent service. I'm going to try and take it in today and see if the cost of repairs is worth more than investment in a new one. It may be time...

Meanwhile, posting will be light (I'm on a friend's computer now). I have a few pre-made in the drafts section. For current event coverage, Flopping Aces is always a good daily place to go to (not that all of you blog readers don't know where to go to for the best in alternative media; I am partisanly partial to it, after all. Plus, I was just over there, and Curt and his deputized contributors have a whole series of good stuff I'll be printing out to read at work).

The following is a post I made about 2 or 3 years ago, but which I never published, as it was old news when I discovered it:

Last night, while going through the mail on my gmail account, something caught my eye: it was an ad.

I cut and pasted the link and.....isn't this just heartwarming:



Rotflmao!!! I had completely missed this! I think the book came out a year ago. About the book:



Why Mommy is a Democrat brings to life the core values of the Democratic party in ways that young children will easily understand and thoroughly enjoy. Using plain and non-judgmental language, along with warm and whimsical illustrations, this colorful 28-page paperback depicts the Democratic principles of fairness, tolerance, peace, and concern for the well-being of others. It's a great way for parents to gently communicate their commitment to these principles and explain their support for the party.

Why Mommy is a Democrat may
look like a traditional children's
book, but it definitely isn't just for
children. With numerous subtle
(and not-so-subtle) satirical swipes
at the Bush administration and
the Republican party,Why Mommy
will appeal to Democrats of all
ages!

Finally, a portion of the profits will
be donated to Democratic
candidates and party
organizations, so your purchase
will help make an immediate
difference!



Since it was a Google ad that brought this wonderful book to my attention, I Googled to see what people have had to say about it.

From the testimonials page:

"A wonderful story to show my son what REAL moral values are."- Erin White-Johnson, Bakersfield, CA


"In a vivid way, this book shows Democrats as still being interested in solving our real problems: hunger, homelessness, war, healthcare. How refreshing!"-Bill White, Longmonts, CO


"The book is charming- with a message even a child can enjoy and understand."- Debbie Brennan, Moss Beach, CA

Here are some alternative book reviews:

This is definitely slated for the fiction section. If would really be best in a section devoted to various forms of propaganda. This book is all about the indoctrination of young minds, something the libs know a lot about.-Museum of Left Wing Lunacy

Help! Mom! there are liberals under my bed!

Katharine DeBrecht's blog

blog

Wizbang

That was my post, that never got published. I've since seen others blog this as well.

Last Tuesday night, while reading an email from Mike's America, I noticed a "sponsored link" ad at the top in my gmail:




Buwahahaha!!!! This is now on my Christmas wish list. I actually ordered Why Mommy is a Democrat from Amazon, as well as Help! Mom! There are Liberals Under My Bed.




The Democratic Presidential frontrunner:

Nice.

I got those books over a year ago, but never even opened them yet. Now I have to figure out where I stashed them.

From the samples of the new book (click to enlarge image):







I love it! I know "progressive" liberals like to believe they are "free-thinkers", sophisticated and intellectual; but really, I find much of their worldview "childish" and idealistic without practicality. Quixotic. They address issues of poverty, homelessness, war, etc. by tilting at windmills, rather than perceiving the real problems. They "think" with their emotions; not rationality.

Yes, I generalize; and yes, I know the same is said by "them" about "us". And sometimes, they even have a point. After all, this itself is a childish post, mocking the childish worldview of Democrats.

Hope I've given you some ideas on some stocking stuffers!


Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Dionne said...

Great post! Yah, the description of the Mommy is a Democrat book is kind of sickening. Liberal propaganda at its finest. I have "Help, Mom there are liberals under my bed", but I'll have to purchase her newest one.

Monday, December 10, 2007 6:49:00 PM  
Blogger Rivka said...

Awesome post! I have the "help mom there are liberals under my bed", but don't have the latest one. My kids learned a lot from that book. They are pretty astute regarding capitalism for a 7 and 8 year old.

Monday, December 10, 2007 7:09:00 PM  
Blogger Bloviating Zeppelin said...

I remember blogging about that same stupid book a couple of years ago as well. Propagandist pap.

BZ

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 2:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

© Copyright, Sparks from the Anvil, All Rights Reserved