Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Ooookay....Please...Don't Shut Up....oh, and please don't sing, either, for that matter....

I first caught wind of this from Laura Ingraham yesterday morning (under "Need to Know"):

ENTERTAINERS WHO EXCUSE LOOTING: Celine Dion, implicitly criticizing the Bush Administration, on Larry King's special 3-hour show to raise money for Katrina victims, angrily asked "Who cares?" about people stealing things in New Orleans. Listener Roberet P., Folsom, CA, answers her: "'Who cares?' How about the shop keeper? He might care. How about the employees of the stores? They might care. How about the rest of us when our insurance premiums go up? We might care. "Who cares about, Celine?" I don't. She lives a privileged life insulated from the reality of ordinary life. If she really wants to help then go down there and give a free concert to lift their spirits and to raise money for the poor to "touch" the special things. Better yet put on your jeans Celine and go down and help them rebuild. Help them help themselves so that they don't think that they can steal from others and take advantage of a tragedy to satisfy their own selfish needs."


Ok, to be fair to Celine.....she did donate a million dollars to Hurricane relief. That's more than I could ever hope to give, as much as I'd like to. Still doesn't give her a pass to be left free and unmolested of ridicule and derision when she's made herself so wide open to it. Listen to the ranting and ravings yourself. (or, go here for a better quality viewing). Her heart may go on, but her blithering blame-sliming and misguided excuse-making on behalf of the looters just goes on ......and on....and on.........getting a glimpse into an unhinged liberal mindset just makes me thankful I am in no way, shape, nor form, politically aligned to her, even remotely.

Alright....I admit I have that one Titanic song of hers....but I swear! I never inhaled!





UPDATE (09/09/05): PebblePie alerts me to this post by a new Iraqi blogger, regarding Celine's rant.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pamela Reece said...

Another excellent post! Bill O'Rielly was talking about this last night and if I wasn't feeling so crappy, I would have been screaming at the tv...you got it!! So, since I'm feeling better today, I'm saying to you, "Right on!" She wrecked any appreciation I had for her "gift" by politicizing and speaking her anti-americanism. She sunk with the Titanic in my mind forever - pun intended!

Pamela

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 2:25:00 PM  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

For me, I think it's great that she's contributing whatever amount she feels she can; her politics is what turns my stomach.....it wouldn't be so bad if she didn't mix in her misguided political feelings over war with her misguided feelings over our ability to respond to a natural disaster in which it's estimated that 80% of the people successfully were evacuated; that's a greater percentage that got out than in previous hurricanes.

I updated the link, by the way, if you want to view a better quality video (2nd link that's provided).

It made me chuckle when Larry King asks her to sing right after her tearful rant. Well, I guess it wasn't so unreasonable and worked out since she seemed to pull herself together well enough to sing for him.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 6:08:00 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

She sings pretty good. I like that Titanic song.

She has the right to say whatever she wants. Our Constitution guarantees her that right. Even if she is a Canadian.

Ye, she has the right to speak her mind.

She also has the right to be stupid.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 10:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

© Copyright, Sparks from the Anvil, All Rights Reserved