Saturday, August 12, 2006

Bumpersticker Refresher Post

One of the things that I find most scenic during my drives through the "mean streets" of Los Angeles, are all the whacked out bumperstickers on the road. The Kerry/Edwards bumperstickers especially warm the cockles of my heart.

I took this photo back in February of this year. Hullo! Earth to moonbat!


Ah! The chickenhawk argument!


Hmm....must be a message to the Islamo-fascists out there in the wide world. That's right you terror-Nazis: FEAR BUSH!


The driver was going so fast, I couldn't catch up to him to make sure that he had buckled on his tinfoil hat as he sat behind the wheel, moving through life so recklessly.

Of course it is! Which is why we went to war.



This past Tuesday, I finally "came out of the closet" and told a very liberal client of mine that I was....*gasp*...a CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICAN and a strong supporter of President Bush. I love this gal, and to my relief, like a true, sane liberal, she still accepted and loved me for who I am. She had a bumpersticker that said "No blood for oil". I think she now owns a hybrid.

Where do I get one of these energy bars?



That's just plain messy!



These last two are examples of liberal moonbatmobile. I found the first one above, parked alongside the road around the block from where I live. Why would one deface one's personal property like this? Click it to enlarge. Notice the one that says "I'm moving to Canada"? I wish I had a post-it response to tag the vehicle with, "then why are you still here?".

I posted this video before, under my old YouTube account. I won't do that again; but through Livedigital, I bring you back this clip from Malcolm in the Middle. What made it hilarious for me, was the bumpersticker, "War is not the Answer". I can actually see the liberals who are deranged Bush-haters, resorting to violence to get their message of peace across.

Enjoy the weekend video, and drive safe. If you see any Kerry/Edwards bumperstickers out on the road, don't roll your eyes and fret; we won! Just point, honk, and laugh as you drive by.




Previous Posts:

Christmas stocking stuffers

Bumper Car Wars

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to get out of the lab today!! I hope I still have the picture of the bumbersticker with the date 01/20/2009 - President Bush's last day in office.

If I do, I'll post it on Ex-Donkey.

Saturday, August 12, 2006 11:11:00 AM  
Blogger Mike's America said...

The loonies with a dozen or more bumper stickers, usually on beat up wrecks (the car, well maybe the people too) are sreally something.

My favorite pro-GOP sticker is one I made up myself after hearing it somewhere:

"I voted FOR John Kerry, before I voted AGAINST him."

Saturday, August 12, 2006 10:16:00 PM  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

Why can't you post anything new on your own blog, skye? During the remodeling?

Mike, that is pretty clever. Did you actually have it made? Any picture?

CJ at A Soldier's Perspective had two made up at my suggestion. One is an answer to the "Peace is Patriotic" sticker; the other one is my take on "War is Not the Answer".

Saturday, August 12, 2006 10:27:00 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Wow, what a collection of bumper stickers. I wish the world problems could be solved by a catchy slogan but we know that will not happen.

As for the one moving to Canada, I took a gander at the other bumper stickers. 'I Heart Hentai' means this person is a fan of R/X-rated Japanese animation. And I really do like how peaceful they are about recycling, "Recycle or Die;" in other words if you fail to recycle that plastic bottle it will be you who will be recycled.

Be tempted to say to them 'All your bases are belong to us neocons' just to see their heads spin.

Sunday, August 13, 2006 6:46:00 AM  
Blogger airforcewife said...

It used to drive me nuts to see bumper stickers that said, "Defend America, Defeat Bush" while my husband was in Iraq.

I left those people notes that said something to the effect of, "My husband is getting shot at every day while you drive around in a 2003 volvo with all leather interior and you call what you're doing DEFENDING?"

Got in one verbal altercation with someone who caught me putting that note under their windshield wiper. The hate was palpable.

Sunday, August 13, 2006 6:49:00 AM  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

Anna,

I've wondered if "hentai" and "hontai" are the same thing. Not sure how it should be spelled. The meaning of "hontai" is something like "backwards"...like you "put it on wrong." My mom used to say it to me a lot.

AirForceWife, I fear for the safety of anyone who would get into a verbal altercation with you. Not that I think you'd resort to whoopin' their ass, physically; just verbally.

Sunday, August 13, 2006 8:55:00 AM  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

Oh, and Anna...I have a lesser take on the "recycle or die" sticker. It could also mean that like the global warming scaremongers, they think that if we don't recycle, we'll kill the planet.

But then...there are the eco-terrorists who would probably kill you for not recycling.

Sunday, August 13, 2006 8:57:00 AM  
Blogger Dionne said...

LOL--Awesome post!! I loved this. And ironically I was just thinking about this subject. I have one of those small, black "W Still President" bumper stickers. There is nothing controversial about that except I'm supporting our president. Someone has keyed thru and around it TWICE!!! Its a good thing my van isn't worth much. I totally don't get it. I may think about bumping cars with a Kerry/Edwards bumper sticker but I would never do it and I certainly would never key someone's car because of a bumper sticker. People need to seriously get a life.

I can't believe you live in LA. Wow!! And I totally, totally loved that Malcolm in the Middle video. It makes me want to start watching that show. Have you ever seen the movie "Fried Green Tomatoes"? It has a scene very similar to this one and you just find yourself dieing laughing!!

Monday, August 14, 2006 8:30:00 AM  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

No, I haven't seen that movie, Dee. Thanks for your comment. It made me laugh.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 12:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

© Copyright, Sparks from the Anvil, All Rights Reserved